Thread: Bufo guttatus

coltiger

Default Bufo guttatus

I just ordered some Bufo guttatus, I had a chance a year ago to buy one but I bought a Cane instead. I am excited to get a couple of these guys Anyone here ever kept one?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kurt

Default Re: Bufo guttatus

No, but they are cool. Where are you getting them from?

coltiger

Sorry for the delay in my response, I will be getting them from a dealer in Hamilton.

Kurt

Hamilton Ontario, I assume.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I would love to get a pair or two. I have only seen them in the Zoo here, however I have only been looking for the past few months. They are gorgeous bufonids.
    Watching FrogTV because it is better when someone else has to maintain the enclosure!

coltiger

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    Hamilton Ontario, I assume.
    yes thats right...sorry I just assumed people would know that lol I really should have got the one I had seen before, I was just set on getting a Cane toad...it was an oddball toad that just stuck out in among the Cane and Rococo toads.

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by SludgeMunkey View Post
    I would love to get a pair or two. I have only seen them in the Zoo here, however I have only been looking for the past few months. They are gorgeous bufonids.
    There are some for sale on kingsnake.com from First Choice Reptile, I think.

coltiger

I did check that site out before, the seller didnt have any more in stock when I checked. I am hoping to get three of them this weekend

jb732

I had one about 30 years ago & was completely in love with him. They weren't well heard of at the time. I looked for years to find another one. I just ordered 2 & they will arrive tomorrow. I'd be interested in any input others may have, or have learned, about them. They really are special toads!
    Thanks,
    Judy

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by jb732 View Post
    I had one about 30 years ago & was completely in love with him. They weren't well heard of at the time. I looked for years to find another one. I just ordered 2 & they will arrive tomorrow. I'd be interested in any input others may have, or have learned, about them. They really are special toads!
    Thanks,
    Judy
    Yes, they are a cool toad.

Joyszoo

I have one he is cool but since I haven't found a girl for him- I am selling him to make room for my fat tail rack. They are easy keepers and eat the same amount as a tomato frog which is amazing for their size. They sleep most the day and seem to be active in the evening. I have mine in a planted 50 gallon tank.

Thread Information