Thread: Mild panic

oneshotveth

Default Mild panic

So I brought home the 3 tiger legs last night, put them in the tank and walked away to let them settle. I could only find one, but I put in some crickets and that frog was interested but I never saw him eat. Anyway, never saw the other 2 last night and this morning could still only find one. Got nervous and tore the tank apart, still can only find one.

There's no way 2 frogs jumped out when I put them in, and no way 2 jumped out the time I put the crickets in. My 3 year old can't open the tank, and my wife wouldn't have.

Mild panic is turning into panic!

Suggestions?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Averhoeven

Default Re: Mild panic

I have been stunned at how well my Red Eyes can camoflage even in their small quarantine tank. I have no doubt in my mind I will have a hard time finding them for real once they are in the big tank! I wouldn't worry, I'm sure they are just hiding well.

Hi there. The usual suggestion for escaped treefrogs is to put out a few bowls of water. Dehydration is a typical threat (and other pets) so the hope is they will turn up in the pools you provide. You might consider doing this just in case they aren't in their viv. As already mentioned, there is a still a good chance they are inside and are hiding very well- their first defense is to not be seen and they can do it very well. I know I had a few panic moments when I first got my American green treefrog- he found spots to hide in his viv that I hadn't considered.

5. This member thanks UncleChester for this post:

oneshotveth

They've been found!

I've been looking for the whole day, and my wife walks over and is like, "Hey, there's two right over there..."

bshmerlie

I agree they do camoflauge really well. I've found mine on a plant that I swore I turned over every leaf on. Next thing you know they wake up at night and surprise you. Make sure its completely dark for them tonight, mist heavily and wait. I bet you'll find them.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Glad you found them. XD But yeah I've had quite a few freak outs over my frogs hiding. Just the other day I swore my little blue White's disappeared, he wasn't in any of his usual sleeping spots and the tank is quite small and open, so I thought he had escaped. I took out all the accessories inside the tank and found him hiding under the paper towel! I was so relieved I thought he had really gotten out. D:

It happens, next time just wait for them to come out at night, I'm sure you'll see them then.
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea
    --------------------------------------
    "The gallows are no place for the stubborn//Just you and your lover as a dark souvenir" - Bad Books, Pytor

Thread Information