Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheri and a new terrib...

clownonfire

Default Cheri and a new terrib...

Hi all,

I want to thank everyone for their support today. But I need to take a few seconds to thank Cheri. After reading what happened to my terribilis, she communicated with Understory Enterprises. I then received an email from Elaine (UE) who I was already in discussion with about replacing the terribs, and here what she wrote me:

“I have just been in contact with Cheri and she has requested an invoice
    for the replacement terribilis. So.. you will be getting your terribilis thanks to her generosity

It is uplifting to know that we do still have some people who genuinely
    care about others(even those that they do not know personally)and they
    help others in the hopes that when they are in "need", someone will step
    up and help them out.”

Cheri did write me personally, to see if I was comfortable with this... And in exchange for a pair of terribs once I start breeding. I was humbled by her kindness. And I am thankful for her generosity.

Cheri, you and Michael Lawrence have really shown me how close the frog community can be, and how we take care of each other. You have gone above and beyond with this gesture. I will not forget it. You’re a beautiful being, and a friend. And you’ve shown me once again how close the Frog Forum community is.

It was important to me to share this with everyone here.

Thank you, Cheri,

Eric

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Cheri and a new terrib...

Quote Originally Posted by clownonfire View Post
    Hi all,

I want to thank everyone for their support today. But I need to take a few seconds to thank Cheri. After reading what happened to my terribilis, she communicated with Understory Enterprises. I then received an email from Elaine (UE) who I was already in discussion with about replacing the terribs, and here what she wrote me:

“I have just been in contact with Cheri and she has requested an invoice
    for the replacement terribilis. So.. you will be getting your terribilis thanks to her generosity

It is uplifting to know that we do still have some people who genuinely
    care about others(even those that they do not know personally)and they
    help others in the hopes that when they are in "need", someone will step
    up and help them out.”

Cheri did write me personally, to see if I was comfortable with this... And in exchange for a pair of terribs once I start breeding. I was humbled by her kindness. And I am thankful for her generosity.

Cheri, you and Michael Lawrence have really shown me how close the frog community can be, and how we take care of each other. You have gone above and beyond with this gesture. I will not forget it. You’re a beautiful being, and a friend. And you’ve shown me once again how close the Frog Forum community is.

It was important to me to share this with everyone here.

Thank you, Cheri,

Eric
    Cheri,

That was a very kind gesture on your part. That is what makes this community so wonderful!
    1.2.0 Dendrobates tinctorius 'Azureus'
    1.1.0 Dendrobates Lamasi 'Orange'
    1.1.0 Dendrobates Ventrimaculatus 'Understory Line'
    0.3.0 Dendrobates leucomelas

--------------------------------------------------
    As always your mileage may vary!
    I may or may not know what I'm talking about!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Cheri is unimaginably kind...I am so lucky to have a friend like her, as are we all. <3

Cheri recently did a similar favor for me in regards to the blue eyed White's we've recently brought home, despite my protesting. I promised in return to take the best care of Paul i could, and provide him with a good home until she can come pick him up. My point is: I wasn't even really in need, and Cheri helped me out. This I will never forget, I just hope I can repay her some day.

I would like to thank you as well, Cheri, for helping Eric out like this. It is so refreshing to get to see someone who genuinely cares, as Elaine said (from the email). Big props! <3
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea
    --------------------------------------
    "The gallows are no place for the stubborn//Just you and your lover as a dark souvenir" - Bad Books, Pytor

clownonfire

She is indeed a wonderful being. And she does it naturally.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Eric, first off.... so so sorry man.

Cheri, your an inspiration and so beyond the word friend.

Bravo and thank you
    Don
    1.0.0 Red Eyed Leaf/ Frog - Agalychnis callidryas
    1.1.1 Bumblebee Dart Frog - Dendrobates leucomelas
    1.1.0 Dendrobates truncatus - Yellow Striped
    1.1.1 Dendrobates tinctorius – Bakhuis Mountain
    1.1.0 - Dendrobates tinctorius - Powder Blue
    1.1.0 - Ranitomeya vanzolinii

bshmerlie

I feel honored to help out Eric. I consider him a friend and I always try to be there to support a friend. I spoke with Eric on the phone a few minutes ago and his frog is still alive and moving around. He's going to treat her wounds as best as possible and hopefully she pulls through. If she survives animals are very adaptable and she could learn to live with the disablities. I'm still sending him another frog just so he can keep his breeding project alive and well. If she pulls through that would be great and he'll have another to add to the collection. Eric and his frog will definately be in my prayers.

Cheri

8. This member thanks bshmerlie for this post:

Bravo on your generosity and kindness Cheri.

I'm also super happy to hear that Eric's frog is in a condition that he's going to try to save it. I'm sure it could learn to live with a foot missing if it can recover from the wounds. Me and my own gimpy frog are pulling for her.

Nationality
    [New Zealand]

Eric, Im so sorry. My thoughts are with you. This was not your fault.

Cheri..you really are a wonderful person. You are such a credit to the forum.

clownonfire

Thank you, Ebony, and my fellow Canadian Brian. The frog is alive this morning, in a bad shape, but she's moving and there's hope. I have also moved her (she's too young to be sexed but whatever) from a carrying case to a 10 gallon I had lying around. If she gets better in 30 days more or less, we will put her back with her group.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I'm hoping for the best for your little injured terib Eric, please please please keep us updated constantly on her condition! D:
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea
    "The gallows are no place for the stubborn//Just you and your lover as a dark souvenir" - Bad Books, Pytor

clownonfire

I will. Sara and I debated it. When I arrived home, I was determined to put the little one down. When I saw s/he, there was energy, movement. S/he is in bad shape, but there is hope. Cheri called me and after talking to her, the three of us decided to give it a chance and see if hse will recover.

So she is in a 10 gallon right now, in a humid environment, on sphagnum moss, and a few places to hide with lots of leafage, on my desk in my office, and I will closely monitor her recovery. If everything goes well, I'll re-introduce her/him when the time is right.

Thank you, Kisa. And everyone. I went to bed last night with a spinning head, but I'm feeling much better today, and optimistic.

E.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clownonfire View Post
    I will. Sara and I debated it. When I arrived home, I was determined to put the little one down. When I saw s/he, there was energy, movement. S/he is in bad shape, but there is hope. Cheri called me and after talking to her, the three of us decided to give it a chance and see if hse will recover.

So she is in a 10 gallon right now, in a humid environment, on sphagnum moss, and a few places to hide with lots of leafage, on my desk in my office, and I will closely monitor her recovery. If everything goes well, I'll re-introduce her/him when the time is right.

Thank you, Kisa. And everyone. I went to bed last night with a spinning head, but I'm feeling much better today, and optimistic.

E.
    I'm glad you're giving her a try...I know I said putting her down would be best before but when I think about having to do that to one of my own frogs...I can't even imagine it. I know I would want them to be free of pain and suffering, but at the same time do everything I could to make them better. I know you'll fight for her Eric...

This is sort of similar to the way I felt when I found Bruce was sick. Of course it isn't the same severity as your situation, but I thought several times about whether I would be able to let him go if he needed to and the answer was always "Absolutely not." You and I, and everyone out there feeling for you and your little terib, we love our frogs. They're more than pets, and even if you've only had her for a few days you're showing her all the support and love you can. You're incredible Eric, really. <3

Sorry if that got too emotional, I'm a sensitive being as well and some times I just can't help but pour my heart out, embarrassing or no. >< Sorry...
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea

clownonfire

Quote Originally Posted by Kisa View Post
    I'm glad you're giving her a try...I know I said putting her down would be best before but when I think about having to do that to one of my own frogs...I can't even imagine it. I know I would want them to be free of pain and suffering, but at the same time do everything I could to make them better. I know you'll fight for her Eric...

This is sort of similar to the way I felt when I found Bruce was sick. Of course it isn't the same severity as your situation, but I thought several times about whether I would be able to let him go if he needed to and the answer was always "Absolutely not." You and I, and everyone out there feeling for you and your little terib, we love our frogs. They're more than pets, and even if you've only had her for a few days you're showing her all the support and love you can. You're incredible Eric, really. <3

Sorry if that got too emotional, I'm a sensitive being as well and some times I just can't help but pour my heart out, embarrassing or no. >< Sorry...
    Thank you so much for your support, Brit. Being very sensitive myself, I appreciate this in others.

lnaminneci

Eric,

I'm wishing her a good recovery . I know you will take good care of her. As Kurt said he has seen many frogs recover from worse.

We are pulling for her. Take care.

~Lesley

Leefrogs

I'm sorry I haven't been on here much. You have my pitty. It's always hardest when we blame ourselves. I hope there's somewhat of a recovery, and the Lil guy thrives. Again my condolences.

I woke up a couple of times last night worrying about your frog. I hope there's been some improvements, I'm still wishing for the best.

Awesome story, Cheri sounds like a genuinely kind person.

bshmerlie

Sometimes.

clownonfire

Here's an update on Cheri.... Just kidding.

So, Woke up today. And the frog is active. We've been cleaning her wounds twice a day with Polysporin Triple-Antibiotics as there is no Neosporin around our place. There is no pain reducing ingredients of course in it.

She is eating, and hiding a great deal, which I guess is normal. I had decided not to name our terribs, but as this one is special, and we are rooting for her survival, Sara came up with a great name: Ellen Ripley, for Sigourney Weaver's character in Alien. Whatever sex it is.

She will pull through, we hope, and couldn't find a better name.

Much love to all, especially you, Cheri.

Eric
    Last edited by bshmerlie; April 16th, 2011 at 08:51 AM.

bshmerlie

I'm a big Alien fan myself. Glad to hear little Ripley is still fighting. Please keep us updated daily.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information