Thread: Got some news for you guys.

frogger87

Default Got some news for you guys.

ok so a couple days ago i bought another little american green tree frog (this makes 2). I'm hoping i know have a male and female....though im not sure because i've never heard either of them croak, so i'm not really sure of their sex yet. The other news i have is that i found a 20 gallon tank at a yard sale today complete with some nice pea gravel in it....5$. I came straight home and set up my dumpy in the 20 g and set up my 2 american green tree frogs in the 10 i had the dumpy in, so now everyone has alot of room. just wanted to share this with everyone.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

bshmerlie

Default Re: Got some news for you guys.

That's a great deal..$5 bucks for a tank. That's better then the petco dollar sale. I always tell people to check out crags list and places like that. It seems like someone is always trying to get rid of their tank.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Very true, I found my thirty gallon on craig's list for thirty bucks, which isn't as good as your five dollar deal, but it sure beats $70 for the same size tank at the local petco. >> Congrats on the tank and the new frog, I hope you enjoy his/her/it's company!
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea
    --------------------------------------
    "The gallows are no place for the stubborn//Just you and your lover as a dark souvenir" - Bad Books, Pytor

clownonfire

I get all my tanks on Craigslist. I got a 50 gallon for basically nothing not too long ago, and fixing it in itself was a great project.

Congrats on your new ATF. I own one of these, and they are lovely frogs.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Someone was offer up 15 tanks locally and I emailed them but no reply yet.

I hope they do. It was another craigslist listing.
    1.0.0 Red Eyed Leaf/ Frog - Agalychnis callidryas
    1.1.1 Bumblebee Dart Frog - Dendrobates leucomelas
    1.1.0 Dendrobates truncatus - Yellow Striped
    1.1.1 Dendrobates tinctorius – Bakhuis Mountain
    1.1.0 - Dendrobates tinctorius - Powder Blue
    1.1.0 - Ranitomeya vanzolinii

JSG

Great bargains you guys get over there. Here in South Africa I went to 2 different local pet stores and were stunned at their prices. We only get Exo Terra products here, don't know why Zoo Med don't provide them competition!!!!
    Ok, so a 18 x 18 x 24 Exo Terra Viv comes at a price of R 4'300-00 or in US terms: $ 623.00!!! This without any fittings!
    So talking about bargain!!! GEEZ!

JSG

While on the topic; you guys out there should know far better than us here in SA....which is the better of the 2; Exo Terra or Zoo Med?
    I'm talking in terms of Vivs, hardware, lights the whole lot?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I used Exo terra for both of my first two vivs and I have to say I am satisfied with their condition and workings. I never tried zoo med, but for some reason I'm more drawn to Exo's, but that's just me. Probably because they have better packaging. XD way to go Ad Men!
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea
    "The gallows are no place for the stubborn//Just you and your lover as a dark souvenir" - Bad Books, Pytor

JSG

LOL, Kisa I've heard that Exo is also more expensive? LOL, so yip, the ad guys gotcha! Thanks for the reply!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JSG View Post
    LOL, Kisa I've heard that Exo is also more expensive? LOL, so yip, the ad guys gotcha! Thanks for the reply!
    I think they are a little more expensive, but just about around the same price. Whatever the cost, it's definitely less than $600! I feel for you out in South Africa, I really do. And no problem, always willing to give my two cents! ^ ^

And what can I say? I'm a sucker for ads, especially when they have frogs in them. ^ ^ If you haven't noticed...the logo of Zoo Med is an Iguana. >> Though Exo does feature a tiny gecko in their logo...hmm...
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea

Immortal

Nice! Yard sales are great for tanks. I got a 60 gallon for like $20 once.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by JSG View Post
    Great bargains you guys get over there. Here in South Africa I went to 2 different local pet stores and were stunned at their prices. We only get Exo Terra products here, don't know why Zoo Med don't provide them competition!!!!
    Ok, so a 18 x 18 x 24 Exo Terra Viv comes at a price of R 4'300-00 or in US terms: $ 623.00!!! This without any fittings!
    So talking about bargain!!! GEEZ!

WOW that is a lot of money! Even though shipping can be expensive, I wonder if it'd be worth your while to order one (if possible) from the US or Canada.. or maybe even the UK and have it shipped to you.

JSG

Lor, I think that is the only way to go because at these prices I will have to save for at least 6 months to afford just the viv...let alone all the hardware that goed with it, the plants, the frogs etc! LOL, I will make a plan somehow or another!

Immortal

Another thought is maybe if you have a friend in one of those countries to buy it for you, then ship it as a gift? That may cut down on duty if you end up getting charged with duty on things like I do lol.

However I'd say the USA has better prices tanks than Canada. No idea about the UK.

JSG

Hmmm, never thought about that! But first I have to get the ok from those $$#@!!!## at the Department of Nature Conservation to get the little guys.
    Thanks for the idea!
    Now to get some friends! ROFL

Thread Information