Thread: Are white tree frogs and milky tree frogs able to live together in one terrarium???

Isaac

Question Are white tree frogs and milky tree frogs able to live together in one terrarium???

Hi,

again i have a question...
    my question:
    are white tree frogs and milky tree frogs able to live together in one terrarium?
    its beacouse i am building at my other terrarium (the 105gallon terra/viv) and i would like to have both species in that terrarium
    -if its possible-

greetings, isaac

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Are white tree frogs and milky tree frogs able to live together in one terrarium???

Hi there Isaac.
    Its not recommended to mix frog species as they secrete toxins that can be harmful to each other as well as the stress it will place on the frogs. You can always find room for another terrarium, I have a frog enclosure in every room of my house apart from the bathroom of course.

Isaac

Default Re: Are white tree frogs and milky tree frogs able to live together in one terrarium???

ok, thanks for the reply!
    i really hoped it would work...

Grrrit

Ebony nailedd it. Although they do have remarkably similar heat & humidity requirements, not recommended. The milkys secrete a glue like moisture that is toxic and I'm sure no good for other frogs.

Isaac

ok then, only one spiecies each tank!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Another thing is size. I understand that Milks get to about four inches at the biggest and White's get to about five, let's say your White's is three inches and your Milk is one or one and a half inches? White's will eat the Milky. That's the first thing that popped into my mind when I read this questions, besides the toxins.

Sorry it didn't work out. D:

Does anyone know if he could build a barrier between the two frogs if it would be alright? As long as the barrier was secure and the frogs couldn't see each other regularly? It's just a thought if you still wanted to use your viv for two species.
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea
    --------------------------------------
    "The gallows are no place for the stubborn//Just you and your lover as a dark souvenir" - Bad Books, Pytor

Isaac

ok then since i dont know how to make a barrier and i dont know anyone that could make one i think ill just keep it with one species in one tank...

clownonfire

Here's the rule of thumb for mixing species: Different species of frogs should not be mixed together. However, you can house a frog and a unicorn together.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clownonfire View Post
    Here's the rule of thumb for mixing species: Different species of frogs should not be mixed together. However, you can house a frog and a unicorn together.
    Very well put Eric, very well put. ^ ^
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea
    "The gallows are no place for the stubborn//Just you and your lover as a dark souvenir" - Bad Books, Pytor

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    ok then since i dont know how to make a barrier and i dont know anyone that could make one i think ill just keep it with one species in one tank...
    That's probably your best bet anyway, the safest way to do it.
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea

Isaac

ok then! thanks for the info!!!

Grrrit

The way I see it, one more reason to build (or excuse haha). As I love to do.

Thread Information