Thread: Quick update on soon to be named Frogs

Geofrog707

Default Quick update on soon to be named Frogs

My White's are doing ok I think. They are finally eating as far as I know and today was a great accomplishment! I saw one of them in the bromeliad!!! Then later I saw them BOTH in the bromeliad together but in different parts. That is a big success for me. I also unplugged the heater at the bottom as out of nowhere the heat has skyrocketed here in Georgia. So keeping heat above 70 isn't really a problem as far as I know anymore. But who knows, maybe this is just a brief warming period. Anyway, by Friday I will of had them two weeks so I will name them. My mom wants me to name one "Wilburina" but I refuse.. She wants a female name of Wilbur incase one is a girl. lol It is very hard for me to tell them apart now, they seem to be the same energy wise and their weight has definitely gotten bigger as far as I can tell. Their constant color changing isn't much of a help either, but hopefully I will be able to tell them apart soon. Something else weird, like really weird to me, that I have noticed is that I don't really think of them as males or females. Like something in between that has no gender, but isn't like a hermaphrodite or anything like that. I think this might be the first time that has happened to me with animals. But yeah, there was a quick update, thanks for reading this if you did. I had to tell someone..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Quick update on soon to be named Frogs

Glad to hear your White's are doing good, it's always nice when your frogs start to come around. My Tomops are just now starting to open up and move about in the night of their own free will, exploring and checking out their surroundings. Very exiting, I can't wait until I can take the paper from the sides and watch them at night, they're amazing frogs.

That's funny because I always thought of both of my White's as males, but that's probably because I already had the names picked out before I brought them home. XD; You could try and go with unisex names if you like? Charlie is a good one, or Aaron/Erin...Dylan, Ryan...a;; sorts of good ones! I tend to name my frogs after people I admire. I have Bruce Campbell (whose an actor I like from the Evil Dead series), Bruce Wayne (Batman, of course, I have a huge crush on him) and then Apollo and Artemis (for the Greek Gods). So you could try out my thing and name them after people you respect and admire? Just food for thought. ^ ^
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea
    --------------------------------------
    "The gallows are no place for the stubborn//Just you and your lover as a dark souvenir" - Bad Books, Pytor

4. This member thanks Kisa for this post:

Leefrogs

I would leave the heat on. Mine like ambient of 80, and sit by the heat source which gets up to 85/90 on the glass. If I shut it off, they get brown right away. And little ones really like the heat. I moved opals heat pad around so her hiding spot is at 80, and now she gets up around noon to go sit by the hotter spot. I think she's trying to tell me to move it back the way it was.

I thaught kermit and lump were boys, since I could get them to talk to me, but they only croak like 4 times. And now that I have opal, who croaks for a full minute, I think I have just noisey girls. Oh well

I wana see a pict of them sleeping in that brom!!! Even a phone pict, PLEEEASSSSE

6. This member thanks Leefrogs for this post:

Geofrog707

Thanks for the info guys!! I decided to plug the heater back up because the temperatures started to raise again. Oh and the frogs finally have names! Achillies - the mostly brown without white ears one who seemed older at first and Cicero - the one who has white ears and is now much bigger and outgoing

P.S. : Sorry, I have seen them in the bromeliad lately because I frankly have been to busy to look. lol I will take one though as soon as I see them in there!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Geofrog707 View Post
    Thanks for the info guys!! I decided to plug the heater back up because the temperatures started to raise again. Oh and the frogs finally have names! Achillies - the mostly brown without white ears one who seemed older at first and Cicero - the one who has white ears and is now much bigger and outgoing

P.S. : Sorry, I have seen them in the bromeliad lately because I frankly have been to busy to look. lol I will take one though as soon as I see them in there!
    I really like those names! You went with one Greek Hero, way to go! my Tiger Legs are Artemis and Apollo! Cicero's a great name too. ^ ^ Congrats.
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea
    --------------------------------------
    "The gallows are no place for the stubborn//Just you and your lover as a dark souvenir" - Bad Books, Pytor

Geofrog707

Haha thanks, Cicero is a latin poet too. We learned about him in class for a while and he seemed like a cool dude so.... I hope he feels honor a frog out there is named after him.

Thread Information