Thread: URGENT! Sick Green Tree Frog

ARMS87

Default URGENT! Sick Green Tree Frog

My frog has been weak all day and now his legs have straightened and he seems to be hyperventilating, I have saw a frog die this way before, I have no idea of the cause! or whether something can be done to save it!

He live in a tall exo terra viv with coconut/moss substrate, there are false plants on both sides of the glass, a large deep water dish with treated water, daily temp ranges 25/26 of a day, to 22/23 of a night. He gets a variety of live gut loaded foods. I clean the viv with reptisafe weekly the decor is boiled clean.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Leefrogs

Default Re: URGENT! Sick Green Tree Frog

try a little honey water. The breathing thing sounds crazy. honey might change the breathing pattern, and ease him a bit. i wouldn't think weekly cleaning is needed, if its stress related, it will ease this. otherwise i don't know

4. This member thanks Leefrogs for this post:

ARMS87

Quote Originally Posted by Leefrogs View Post
    try a little honey water. The breathing thing sounds crazy. honey might change the breathing pattern, and ease him a bit. i wouldn't think weekly cleaning is needed, if its stress related, it will ease this. otherwise i don't know
    He is clinging to the side of the isolation faunarium I've put him in, the breathing has calmed. I'm worried it'll happen again, what will honey water do?
    What concentration? How do I administer it?

I have 3 greens, one smaller one larger, this one is my favourite, it has the best nature ever and very active normally, the other 2 are jumpy when I'm near and not as active, it's very rare I have to handle them, but when I do this guy doesn't mind the others do!

Leefrogs

1/10 WARM WATER (80) u can just put it in communal bath, doesn't hurt, just calms them down, and gives them a nice rush of energy later. Kinda homeopathic. if throat if flaring fast, that's no big deal, but if his sides are pumping this is real stress.

7. This member thanks Leefrogs for this post:

ARMS87

Quote Originally Posted by Leefrogs View Post
    1/10 WARM WATER (80) u can just put it in communal bath, doesn't hurt, just calms them down, and gives them a nice rush of energy later. Kinda homeopathic. if throat if flaring fast, that's no big deal, but if his sides are pumping this is real stress.
    The sides were pumping earlier, he seems ok now but not upto full strength, a bit weakened probably tired.

ARMS87

He has eaten a small locust I offered but not a 2nd, He is now sitting in honey bath and seems ok.

Leefrogs

watch out!!! You'll see them begging fir a honey bath later! Lol, looking at u like, "what, no honey!! I'm not going in unless there's honey!!"

Thread Information