Thread: A few ADF questions

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default A few ADF questions

I plan to bring home my ADF's in the next few weeks and have yet to work out their diet. I plan to get some earthworms and frozen brine shrimp and I have guppy fry. I also have reptomin, sun dried shrimp and freeze dried blood worms ... is any of the above ok? I read the proper diet but the last three things werent mentioned one way or the other.

Also I know they may eat them but can ghost shrimp be housed with ADF's? they are both so fun to watch. If not its fine just curious

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: A few ADF questions

As far as my personal preference; I would stay away from anything free-dried and any kind of blood worms. That being said I am sure many people will disagree.
    I like to use New Life Spectrum Pellets, frozen mysis shrimp, frozen krill(cut up), frozen spirilla enriched brine shrimp. I have also done frozen glass worms and the little frog bites. Sink food is best as these guys like to crawl around and" hunt" for their food.
    As far as live the earth woorms would have to cut really small. If you have black worms in your area those would be taken very eagerly.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I plan on frozen foods too and I have reptomin I can feed and see if they like that, Its good for frogs. They make a food for ACF ( xenopus.com) would that be ok for ADF as well? They sell Sinking carnivorous pellets here would those be ok? I dont have black worms here but i could order them and start a small worm farm.

ARMS87

I use Frozen bloodworm, daphnia, cyclops, brineshrimp. Aswel as sinking pellets and fish flake with the odd chopped worm.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Quote Originally Posted by ARMS87 View Post
    I use Frozen bloodworm, daphnia, cyclops, brineshrimp. Aswel as sinking pellets and fish flake with the odd chopped worm.

Good call on the daphnia and cyclops. I forgot all about those little gems.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I dont even know what those are honestly. I will get some frozen brine shrimp. Anyone used feeding tongs to feed pellets? I have some reptomin frog and tadpole granules and HBH frog and tadpole bites ( both sinking ) that i'd like to try feeding. I'm now looking at duck weed for my tank.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Just check out the frozed section at your LFS. They will have a lot of the things mentioned. I would not bother with the tongs unless you have a frog that is consistantly not getting it's share. It is important to watch the groth rate of your frogletts because one getting way bigger way faster could result in it eating its tankmates.(other frogs)
    If you use brine shrimp get the Spirilla enriched type. It is actually healthy and they won't know the difference. The regular type has no nutritional value.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rodsboys View Post
    Just check out the frozed section at your LFS. They will have a lot of the things mentioned. I would not bother with the tongs unless you have a frog that is consistantly not getting it's share. It is important to watch the groth rate of your frogletts because one getting way bigger way faster could result in it eating its tankmates.(other frogs)
    If you use brine shrimp get the Spirilla enriched type. It is actually healthy and they won't know the difference. The regular type has no nutritional value.
    They sell them at like an inch here and dwarfs only get 2.5 inches I don't think they'll ever be able to eat each other. I would think that's more of a problem with clawed frogs. Also I got the tongs because I am considering putting in my betta girl. She's very small and completely non agressive. She's currently housed with guppies and doesn't even bother them. But I want to see how the frogs go first. Plus things like worms I want to feed with the tongs.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Makes since on the eating each other thing. I forgot this thread was about dwarf frogs. lol
    I have kept bettas with them in the past and it is hit and miss. Each fish is unique. Seems like you have your head into that though, I am sure it will be just fine.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

My girl is very laid back but if we have problems ( if she is even moved into this tank) she will be moved back into her 5 gallon. And your fine lol ACF and ADF are very close.

Thread Information