Thread: Albino Pacman Red Light??

Frogking

Default Albino Pacman Red Light??

Does anyone know about lighting for Albino pacmans. I saw a video with a collector saying to use a red light with the albino pacmans. Something about the regular light can hurt their eyes. Does anyone know if their is any truth to this theory. I got a light today and choose to go with a 40wtt red bulb. Pics coming friday.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Frogking

Default Re: Albino Pacman Red Light??

I also got some Tetra Fauna "aqua safe" basically water conditioner good for water bowl and misting bottle changes .

Leefrogs

I think they're talking about the red party bulb versus a red reptile bulb. As u can we the wires inside are alot brighter in party bulb. I tried it and my whites frogs hated it.

Ahtu

Yes it is true the albinos have very sensitive eyes AND skin. Using regular bulbs on them will burn their eyes and skin, causing them blindness. Also, frogs can not see the color red, so it is perfect to use at night.

Frogking

Thanks Ahtu i'm glad I did my research. This is why I love starting a new hobby because the first 2 weeks is a non stop research fest lol. Both my green and albino pacs seem to love the red light. I like the red light because its not over powering and you can leave it on all day. I also bought a bag of loose coco fiber. I made their tanks 20%moist coco 80%dry coco. Before I only had wet substrate which I read is not the proper method. Once I added the dry coco fiber they both made burrows in the dry part of the tank. Pics friday!

cmerf07

i haved a towel drapped over most of the top of my tank, and a normal light up front so its not as intense...i also got a tree for him which during the day cycle he tends to stay under and the light doesn't touch him...the red light is good, i am just saying this for other alternatives if you didn't have it in your budget or what not...but im glad to hear your frogs are loving their home cant wait to see some pics of um =P

Frogking

the red light works out well. what i do is buy low watt bulbs (40)(50) just got my new camara so hopefully i will have the pics up tonight or tommarow

Thread Information