Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do u keep your frogs????

Leefrogs

Default Where do u keep your frogs????

Just a thaught, where do u keep your frogs? And for all u super froggers, we know u all have a frog room, but for us small timers, it's living room, bedroom, or basement. So just a mini poll for my future viv placement. Thanks ev1!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Where do u keep your frogs????

I keep Bruce Campbell's 18x18x24 on top of an entertainment center across from my bed and window in my room and currently little Bruce Wayne is on a fold out table next to that, a little lower and closer to the bed. The 12x12x18 that I plan on housing my P. Tomopterna in is in the opposite corner on top of a dresser and behind the bed.

Here are some pictures so you can see what I mean. XD

Please excuse all the weird art and posters on the walls...>> I'm still a teenager in some aspects. XD;

0.0.2 Litoria caerulea
    --------------------------------------
    "The gallows are no place for the stubborn//Just you and your lover as a dark souvenir" - Bad Books, Pytor

bshmerlie

The thing the super froggers don't tell you is that you should get all the same size tanks so that way when you finally get that" frog room", or in my case a frog closet, all the tanks will be the same size. Instead I have a medium Exo Terra, large Exo Terra, a 10 gal, a 20 gal tall, a 20 long, 33 gal corner, a cube, a couple of 5 gallons. Now how do you get those on a rack. You can't..so they are...in my office at work, extra bedroom at home, bathroom sink (don't ask its a touchy subject), and in the frog closet. There you have it. Frogs everywhere. Im am sure this would classify me as a nut case with some kind of disorder. The best place....on my desk at work...go ahead and say it you "super froggers" you're jealous.. Doesn't everyone want to stare at their frogs all day while working?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bshmerlie View Post
    The thing the super froggers don't tell you is that you should get all the same size tanks so that way when you finally get that" frog room", or in my case a frog closet, all the tanks will be the same size. Instead I have a medium Exo Terra, large Exo Terra, a 10 gal, a 20 gal tall, a 20 long, 33 gal corner, a cube, a couple of 5 gallons. Now how do you get those on a rack. You can't..so they are...in my office at work, extra bedroom at home, bathroom sink (don't ask its a touchy subject), and in the frog closet. There you have it. Frogs everywhere. Im am sure this would classify me as a nut case with some kind of disorder. The best place....on my desk at work...go ahead and say it you "super froggers" you're jealous.. Doesn't everyone want to stare at their frogs all day while working?
    I hope some day when I have my own office I can do that, I'm admitting now, totally jealous. XD

If I tried to start keeping my frogs anywhere but my room my dad would have a COW...and I mean that very seriously. I might be able to convince him to let me keep my future darts (already planning...) in the living room so that everyone can enjoy them, but I might change my mind as the living room can be a hectic place at times and I might want to keep all my babies close to me. ><
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea
    "The gallows are no place for the stubborn//Just you and your lover as a dark souvenir" - Bad Books, Pytor

clownonfire

Great thread, Ginger!! We keep our terrariums basically everywhere at home. Funny enough, I was telling Sara today I didn't know where we would put our next 50 gallon tank (yes, you heard it here before anywhere else) for our next darts (don't know which ones yet), and Sara just pointed out at a bare wall, saying we still had much more room for more vivs (God I love her).

Currently, we have vivs in our home office, in the foyer and in the living room. Our bedrooms are still free of vivs. For the moment.

Here are some pics...
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

I keep my froggys on a big cabinet in my room. Right next to my bed the ACFs croaking all night helps me sleep! I have african clawed frogs at the top, and little percy the pacman on the bottom

Leefrogs

thanks eric!! Just curious I guess. How many frogs watch tv? Just kidding.

clownonfire

Ginger, we don't watch lots of tv, but we do watch lots of movies... Our FBT are louder than any movies we've been watching lately too....

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

My Whites and Red Eyes are about 2 feet from my pillow in the bedroom. The Darts are on the same wall but have some distance from the bed.

Oh, I just have to laugh when they wake me up at night just singing away.

Leefrogs

Well, are there more super froggers here than I thaught? Would like to know more

phoebe froggy

some are upstairs in our bedroom and some are in the kitchen and lounge

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clownonfire View Post
    Great thread, Ginger!! We keep our terrariums basically everywhere at home. Funny enough, I was telling Sara today I didn't know where we would put our next 50 gallon tank (yes, you heard it here before anywhere else) for our next darts (don't know which ones yet), and Sara just pointed out at a bare wall, saying we still had much more room for more vivs (God I love her).

Currently, we have vivs in our home office, in the foyer and in the living room. Our bedrooms are still free of vivs. For the moment.

Here are some pics...
    Oh my gosh I LOVE the Star Wars stuff! Way to go Eric! >< And your vivs look amazing btw, I wish I had a real house to put all mine in but unfortunately small apartments are how we live out here in so cal. XD
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea

fruitloop

I have 1 tank in my daycare (the kids LOVE looking for them ) and 1 tank in my son's room. We're finishing the basement in a month or so so that will give me more space for frogs My husband will hate me (although I think he secretly likes them because I always catch him looking for them in the tanks )...lol. I have a few that I want to get over the next year or so. There's ALWAYS room for frogs

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

All of you are SO lucky! My Bruce won't sing to me ever! >< The one night my boyfriend said he croaked really loud was the night I wasn't home to hear him. D:
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Leefrogs View Post
    Well, are there more super froggers here than I thaught? Would like to know more
    How does one become a super frogger? Are there benefits involved like getting a sweet cape and mask?

clownonfire

Quote Originally Posted by Kisa View Post
    Oh my gosh I LOVE the Star Wars stuff! Way to go Eric! >< And your vivs look amazing btw, I wish I had a real house to put all mine in but unfortunately small apartments are how we live out here in so cal. XD
    I am a super geek. Being a frog love is just the normal evolution of my geekness. And please note that in my book, geeks are cool.

For Star Wars.... Yeah, I know... This is just a little part of my collection. My collection mostly revolves around Darth Vader (I am LONGING to name a frog Dart Vader, or The Dart Knight - but Sara thinks that is even too geeky for me)....

Tony

I am a super geek. Being a frog love is just the normal evolution of my geekness. And please note that in my book, geeks are cool.

For Star Wars.... Yeah, I know... This is just a little part of my collection. My collection mostly revolves around Darth Vader (I am LONGING to name a frog Dart Vader, or The Dart Knight - but Sara thinks that is even too geeky for me)....
    Save those names for some black D. auratus...

LouEmbling

In my lounge and I left Kermit , as I went out, sat at the front of the viv watching TV

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Aaaawe that's not too geeky. Too baaaad...I think good names could be Anakin and Padme, or even Lando and Han for two males. XD But your Dart Vader idea is awesome! ><
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea

Leefrogs

I love some of the responses here. Pheobe froggie, I love the jade and frogs of many colors. And for u super froggers, we know your in disquise saving frogs everywhere u go!! And cape, oh was that a slip Tony!! And to Kisa, u are starting real early, u have time, within 5 years you'll have quite a few.

And my house looks like terrariums inside a terrarium. So imagine when I get that big viv done(or started) I will have 2 empty vivs.

As far as star wars, I have an original reel to reel audio of the 1st one!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information