Thread: Making a divider.. Help please

Psychotic4mb3r

Default Making a divider.. Help please

Well as a few of you know, I got 3 fire bellys and a AFC all housed together in a 5 gallon tank setup for strictly water frogs. I picked up another 10 gallon, silicone sealant(i check on the forum for the right kind, dont worry haha) and some plexiglass. I just need to know about how tall the divider should be? And then what all to put on the land side. I wasnt sure if id need different materials for layers or whatnot(I saw some of those hydro ball or whatever at the petstore and thought about adding those as the bottom layer of substrate?) Also I wasnt sure if there was any advantages/disadvantages between sloping the plexyglass or if it was better to keep it up straight? Or if it really made a difference? lol.. Sorry for all the weird questions. This is my first time doing this so any advice would be great. Im gonna let the sealant dry for a few days, if not a week or 2 before doing anything else to it so im not in no real hurry

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

bshmerlie

Default Re: Making a divider.. Help please

Yeah...for your land side the hydro balls will be your drainage layer, then put a screen mesh over it and then your soil. Put your plants in and you're good to go. Some also put down moss over the soil to keep the toads from getting too much soil in the water. Sheet moss works well for that. Its short and dense so the crickets can't hide in it.

Psychotic4mb3r

Default Re: Making a divider.. Help please

Quote Originally Posted by bshmerlie View Post
    Yeah...for your land side the hydro balls will be your drainage layer, then put a screen mesh over it and then your soil. Put your plants in and you're good to go. Some also put down moss over the soil to keep the toads from getting too much soil in the water. Sheet moss works well for that. Its short and dense so the crickets can't hide in it.
    Thats what I figured lol . Just making sure though! Thanks . I cant wait to get it done! I saw some neat live plants to land and some for water as well so ill be looking into those too

Thread Information