Thread: Fake Wood as featured in the Vivarium Thread

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Fake Wood as featured in the Vivarium Thread

I am now "open for business" with the fake wood. I utilized the "extra" cash from my obscene overtime last week to purchase my own die grinder, air compressor (needed that anyways...), and an inventory of PVC. This means I can take my time at home, instead of rushing on 20 minute lunch breaks at work.

One note, my PVC order showed up and the plastic is all white, so unless you want the Great Snowy North Look, they will be painted.

At this time, I am only able to ship to the USA, however, I am doing the home work to see if international shipping is viable cost wise. No point in shipping over seas if the cost is higher than the items are worth.

Sizes available:
    1.5 inch Diameter to 6 inch Diameter, branches, logs and half logs to a maximum length of 2.5 feet. Longer lengths and larger diameters are available, however there is a six week lead time and shipping cost is not included in quoted price. Please pm for details/quotes on Special orders. (Size Chart to follow soon)

Painting options: (Pictures of Paint schemes to follow soon)
    Dark Aquatic
    Light Aquatic
    Desert Weathered
    Woodland Weathered
    Woodland Lichen
    Tropical

Please keep in mind that each piece is hand made and unique. Product will vary from what has been pictured around the forums.

All prices quoted INCLUDE shipping. Please allow two to three weeks for delivery.

To place your order send an email that includes the number of pieces, length, diameter and paint scheme you would like.

To place orders, get price quotes, or inquire about other custom hand made products available email:

EliteVivariaDesigns[@]gmail dot com

Please include "Fake Wood" in the header

Thanks for your interest!

~Johnny "SludgeMunkey" Farnen
    Watching FrogTV because it is better when someone else has to maintain the enclosure!

Jace

Default Re: Fake Wood as featured in the Vivarium Thread

Good for you Johnny!! If you are able to ship to Canada anytime in the near future, please let me know as I am very interested in purchasing a couple of pieces. Best of luck!

Nationality
    [United States]

Canada I can do. It will take a bit longer to get to you, but the whole customs thing is a bit easier than say, Europe.

On that note, I am waiting for a reply back from US Customs involving shipping overseas. It looks like it will not be much of a problem if I just ship a tri-wall of the stuff. Not much restriction on PVC and such. Someone was kind enough to volunteer to act as a European Union Distributor, so in a few months,this stuff should be available on that side of the pond.

If any Aussies are interested in being a distributor, please email me at the address above, or send a pm.
    Watching FrogTV because it is better when someone else has to maintain the enclosure!

Nationality
    [Ireland]

Customs shouldn't be a problem when you are sending them out - it's the receiving country or economic area that is the problem. In Europe if a package is valued above a certain value (it's something like ~$50 US) then it may be subject to a customs charge to the person it's addressed to - they will be asked for this on delivery.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

into

good luck with your venture Johnny! soon you'll need a marketing strategy, customer testimonials, a banner ad on frogforum.net (and the lesser frog forums) and some brochures/bus cards to take along with you to some shows.

I've always imagined a single tree coming up with lots of branches on top. but it would be modular so you could re configure it. maybe with extra holes and caps to hide them. You think that would be possible using PVC and different connectors warped to blend in with the pieces? I'm on a somewhat tight budget right now, but if that's something you think is possible, I'd be interested in a quote on a couple... maybe around tax time.

Nationality
    [United States]

A fully modular tree is in the works as I write this. I am currently experimenting with different ways to attach the branches solidly, yet allows them to be removed for shipping, easy cleaning, etc. Once I figure out how to make it work so that it still looks natural, I plan to make that my "mainstage" item. You can buy vivaria branches anywhere, but a whole tree is another story.

It is still a ways off in the future, but it will be "epic" if it comes out as good as I imagine it would be.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Customs shouldn't be a problem when you are sending them out - it's the receiving country or economic area that is the problem. In Europe if a package is valued above a certain value (it's something like ~$50 US) then it may be subject to a customs charge to the person it's addressed to - they will be asked for this on delivery.

Thankfully, the value of PVC is very low!

into

Quote Originally Posted by SludgeMunkey View Post
    A fully modular tree is in the works as I write this..... ....It is still a ways off in the future, but it will be "epic" if it comes out as good as I imagine it would be.
    I'm very interested in the development of this. Please keep us posted!

Nationality
    [United States]

Definitely interested. Would you post pictures of the different colors and styles soon?

Nationality
    [United States]

I will very soon. I am currently putting in obscene overtime at work again (on short notice none the less).

My plans for this weekend are to get pictures up and posted, a complete product listing, and if I am very lucky a website put together to make this an easier process for all of us.

I am adding fake rock/backgrounds and vivaria landscaping kits to the product line, in addition to the wood.

I am very nearly finished with sculpting current orders and painting will commence soon.

Kerry1968

Wow Johnny, you'll soon be able to give up work and make bucket loads of money from your hobby! Here's hoping, hey?

daziladi

Where can I see photos of these? Thank you.

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

Hey, is there any chance you have looked at international shipping? because I live in the UK and im quite interested, and if theres any pictures i would like to have a look

Dean

I also would like to see what they look like .
    Dean

aquaman3680

Very cool! I really like the idea! What kind of paint would you be using for this?

nana

Hunny you soooo need to ship to us any idea when that will be??

byrdviper

The thread pics are great. Do you have anymore of your new work?

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by byrdviper View Post
    The thread pics are great. Do you have anymore of your new work?
    Currently I do not, nor am I able to fill orders. I am in process of moving, remodeling two houses, and working
    7 days a week. Hopefully by this fall I will have things settled down enough to be able to get back to vivaria projects. It's tearing me up not having time to do what I enjoy.

Nationality
    [Ireland]

Quote Originally Posted by SludgeMunkey View Post
    Currently I do not, nor am I able to fill orders. I am in process of moving, remodeling two houses, and working
    7 days a week. Hopefully by this fall I will have things settled down enough to be able to get back to vivaria projects. It's tearing me up not having time to do what I enjoy.
    I'm watching all that extra frog and salamander money go down the drain...
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Nationality
    [United States]

How are things going with your fake wood manufacturing? I am very interested in obtaining some fake branches for my Phyllomedusa sauvagii enclosure, which by the way, is one of those "Quick, cheap, easy terrariums" John showed us how to make. I love this forum!!

Thread Information