Thread: No FBT as of yet, but have some questions

Psychotic4mb3r

Default No FBT as of yet, but have some questions

Ive been looking into getting some FBT's (I had them as a kid and loved them lol. so im looking to get back into them) But I was curious about where I should get them from. I know many pet stores have them but would it be better to try and find a breeder who could ship them to me? Id love to be able to breed also so I may have to get a handful of them to see if I can get males as well as females lol. Also, Id love to have a really nice setup for them this time around. So if anyone has any pictures for examples, that would be awesome

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: No FBT as of yet, but have some questions

I don't have any pictures of fire bellied toad setups for you but I can answer the question about where/how to get them. Unfortunately, virtually no one captive breeds this species, so they are nearly impossible to acquire that way. A pet store is your best bet, sadly.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

bshmerlie

Yeah its not always desirable to get your frogs from a pet store but the good thing about these guys is they are such hardy frogs they can usuassly stand the abuse they get at the pet stores and bounce back pretty quickly. Just look for the chubbiest and most active ones you can find.

clownonfire

Amber, you can look at Julie's setup for her FBT: http://www.frogforum.net/fire-belly-...d-sorry-o.html

It's similar to what I have: 3/4 of water, 1/4 of land, lots of aquatic plants for them to hide and feel secure, etc... If you need more details, let me know, I could give you a few cues.

Psychotic4mb3r

Oh yea I saw her pictures last night . I love the whole setup! Do any of you have any experience breeding them? And way to tell males from females?
    Also, I noticed before at pet stores. Most of there FBT's where brown and black instead of green and black. Can they change color like that? Or was there something wrong with them? Or do they come in brown as well? Just thought id ask before I buy lol. I found someone selling FBT's on faunaclassifieds also for 5 bucks each plus shipping so I thought about that too.

Thread Information