Thread: Where to buy a White Tree Frog?

Geofrog707

Default Where to buy a White Tree Frog?

Hey, I am new here and I thought I would make this my first topic thing. lol I have recently been trying to get a White Tree Frog with everything in my power and so far have got the nearly 300$ set up ready as well as permission from my mom On the other hand, the thought I put farthest in my mind was getting the actual frog. Getting the pets once I have got everything (research, habitat, permission, etc.) has never really been hard for me at all. But I can only find a few sites that offer white tree frogs and the shipping is a pretty large price, esspecily when the frog cost 30$ already I was not anticipating these prices at all. lol I was more concerned with the other requirements for the frog. I can't find any local pet stores that sell them nearby me. So let me get to the main point, if anyone has any sites I could get a White Tree frog from I would greatly appreciate it. Or if you had any pet stores in GA that I could get one from. Or even if I could buy one from anyone on this fourm (I am not sure if asking to buy stuff from other members is allowed on this site so I am sorry if I violated the rule ) has a White Tree Frog I can buy. Thanks!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Where to buy a White Tree Frog?

Well a White's Tree Frog is a really good choice for beginning amphibian owner but make sure you do the research before you buy any animals. Frogs are complicated pets and need a lot of requirements and are more easily exposed to illness so out of the money you have saved up you might want to hang on to some for any vet bills or medicinal expenses.

Sites you can buy White's from are sponsored on this site, but they're not available all the time you so have to look every once and a while until you find one that looks good to you.

Some good sites are alphaprobreeders.com are reptmart.com. You can also look at stores that have websites and that can ship the frogs to you like lll reptiles (mentioned to me by a moderator on the forum). Other than that you can check classifieds like kingsnake.com or faunaclassifieds.com for listings of sellers who have White's on the market.

Good luck in your search, but make sure you're prepared.
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea
    --------------------------------------
    "The gallows are no place for the stubborn//Just you and your lover as a dark souvenir" - Bad Books, Pytor

4. This member thanks Kisa for this post:

Geofrog707

Yep, I have done a ton of research. Now it's to a point where everything is just repetitive. I am still looking into the disease stuff and how to treat them though. That is a large section of research I am finding out. lol But thanks for your help!!! The sites are great! I think I am going to get an Indonesian White Tree Frog from LLL reptiles. It's a great price and a lot of people recommend it so I think that is what I will be settling for. Thanks again for your help!

Leefrogs

I just got a baby, had same problem u do. Just decided the 50$ shipping is just gas money and a road trip to get mine in nearby state. Maybe call all surrounding cities petshops. There are a few left over somewhere, and probly on sale, I got my blue phase for 17$

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Wow Ginger that's a great deal! The pet shop I got mine from was a bit more expensive than that, but still less than the shipping would have been on the little guy. XD

And you're welcome, I'm always happy to help a new White's owner. They're great frogs, you're going to be really happy you chose one of them to keep. ^ ^

Check out the frog first aid article to the left, it has some great tips for quick fixes on lots of frog illnesses, but keep in mind it's not fool proof and you have to get it diagnosed perfectly before you decide to treat. There are some things you can keep around the house just in case you see some odd behavior or something and lots of the treatments are easy and totally safe.

Good luck! And make sure to upload some photos, those are always fun for everyone to look at. ^ ^
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea
    --------------------------------------
    "The gallows are no place for the stubborn//Just you and your lover as a dark souvenir" - Bad Books, Pytor

Thread Information