Thread: Male or female

spencerburgo

Default Male or female

hi there about 4 weeks ago finally managed to get some youg adsperus they have nearly doubled in size since i got the there are some pics i my album there not the best of shots ive just been taking the odd photo when there chilled out wich is normally when they have stuffed there faces they are about 4 inches give or take about 5/10 mm any comments or opinions welcome,

cheers spencer..............

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Male or female

It's a little confusing because there are duplicate photos in there. I think you have 2 frogs? It's difficult to tell from the angles, but it looks to me like you have either 1 female and an unknown, or 2 females. They're good looking frogs though. They're slightly different colour-wise to those we see in the USA - it's good to know that the bloodlines vary around the world.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

spencerburgo

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    It's a little confusing because there are duplicate photos in there. I think you have 2 frogs? It's difficult to tell from the angles, but it looks to me like you have either 1 female and an unknown, or 2 females. They're good looking frogs though. They're slightly different colour-wise to those we see in the USA - it's good to know that the bloodlines vary around the world.
    i did not realize that instead of eight pics it has duplicated them for some reason, will try and sort it out, as for the frogs they are aparently captive bred from over your way, one is a very light olive while the other 2 are a lot darker but the photo does not often bring that out,

cheers spencer...........

Eel Noob

Don't know how many different frogs there were but this one looks to be male.

spencerburgo

Quote Originally Posted by Eel Noob View Post
    Don't know how many different frogs there were but this one looks to be male.
    yes thats what i thought as it had just been fed to its head is starting to get more bone structure to it now there are 3 frogs altogether but im all muddled up with wich is wich in the photos, going to give them another month and then i will put some fresh photos on of all 3 i think i have 2 males and a female but i could be wrong lol

cheers spencer............

Eel Noob

Quote Originally Posted by spencerburgo View Post
    yes thats what i thought as it had just been fed to its head is starting to get more bone structure to it now there are 3 frogs altogether but im all muddled up with wich is wich in the photos, going to give them another month and then i will put some fresh photos on of all 3 i think i have 2 males and a female but i could be wrong lol

cheers spencer............
    There's a possibility that you might have three males.

spencerburgo

There's a possibility that you might have three males.
    i was looking at them today and i thought that to lol, im going to stop looking at them as it will send me crazy

cheers spencer.............

Eel Noob

Talking Re: Male or female

Quote Originally Posted by spencerburgo View Post
    i was looking at them today and i thought that to lol, im going to stop looking at them as it will send me crazy

ahaha

That'll be alot of mouths to feed.

spencerburgo

well im in no doubt now there 2males and a female i have two more on route but there far to small to tell here is a picture of the 2 males,

Eel Noob

Nice looking males

Is one darker than the other?

spencerburgo

Nice looking males

Is one darker than the other?
    yes one is a lot lighter than the other two although he is getting slightly darker but he still stands out from the other two, my camera is broke at the moment so im using my i phone and it flashes automatically hence making the frog look darker than he is,

cheers spencer...........,

Kevin1

I don't know if it's the flash or what but the yellow on those two looks BRIGHT.
    They look very healthy congrats.

spencerburgo

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin1 View Post
    I don't know if it's the flash or what but the yellow on those two looks BRIGHT.
    They look very healthy congrats.
    its the flash i think as there not that yellow when im looking at them normally, and yes they are really healthy they want to be the effort i put in to feeding them lol,

Thread Information