Thread: My new babies...pic overload, sorry :o)

fruitloop

Default My new babies...pic overload, sorry :o)

Ok, so my new FBT finally woke up and came out of their hiding spots so I was able to take a few pics of them. We haven't named them yet, although dh said we should name them after the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...lol. I haven't seen them eat yet so I'm hoping they'll eat soon. They did eat at the store yesterday though. So...here we go...some pictures of my new frog family and I snuck in a picture of my little leopard frog too. She is such a little thing, I adore her She just ate so she looks pretty chunky Reading more info on leopard frogs here though it says they can get pretty big. I've had her for over a year now and she still pretty little...mabe about 1 inch long.
    Attached Images Attached Images         

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

fruitloop

Default Re: My new babies...pic overload, sorry :o)

...and a few more Ok, I'm done being a proud frog mommy ...lol. The last picture he/she is in a weird position...lol.

Socrates

Very nice Fire bellies! Question for you, are you sure that's a leopard frog? Looks almost like a species of chorus frog. Also you don't have the toads with the frog in the same terrarium? I only ask, because the Bombina genus possess strong toxins (hence the bright warning colors on their bellies). Great set ups too!

fruitloop

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
    Very nice Fire bellies! Question for you, are you sure that's a leopard frog? Looks almost like a species of chorus frog. Also you don't have the toads with the frog in the same terrarium? I only ask, because the Bombina genus possess strong toxins (hence the bright warning colors on their bellies). Great set ups too!
    Ah, I think you are right! I was told that she was a leopard frog. My son actually found her in our yard and asked me if we could keep her. Being the frog lover I am, i said yes I'm assuming that she is a girl since we've never heard her croak. She is not in with the FBT. She is in her own tank. I actually gave her a new set up with more water and she seems to love it. but now with doing more reading up on them, I wonder if I should be changing it back to more land or if her set up is good. She has a lot of hiding places in her rocks though.

These are the 2 tank set ups...

clownonfire

Can't believe I wasn't the first one to congratulate you. I have failed you, Julie.

They look great, congrats! And Socrates is right, I'm glad you did not put the different species together... One wouldn't last very long...

fruitloop

She would get eaten for sure! I can't believe I had the species wrong

Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by fruitloop View Post
    She would get eaten for sure! I can't believe I had the species wrong
    Oh no worries haha. I do love the set up for both the Bombinas and the chorus frog. well done.

Thread Information