Thread: CB Blue Phase Dumpy/White's Tree Frog, juvenile or baby

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default CB Blue Phase Dumpy/White's Tree Frog, juvenile or baby

If anyone knows of any breeders that have these please contact me through PM. I have one Dumpy/White's already and am looking to expand my collection but I'm looking specifically for a blue phase. I'm not interested in owning a frog that has been owned by someone previously or one where the origins are unknown, I am also not interested in wild caught specimens or any that have been sick or have a bad medical history.

Thanks,
    Brit
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea
    --------------------------------------
    "The gallows are no place for the stubborn//Just you and your lover as a dark souvenir" - Bad Books, Pytor

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Rocko

Default Re: CB Blue Phase Dumpy/White's Tree Frog, juvenile or baby

Lucky enough no blue phase you find will be wild. All blue phase are captive bred, or if they say wild, I would concerned (Australia seems to prevent export of the white's which is where the blue comes from). Also Bruce is a biggy, might I suggest not looking for a baby as it will take a long while before it would live in the same enclosure. Check kingsnake.com every few months one pops up. I just got one earlier this month.

Leefrogs

I found alpha and kingsnake were out. Breeding season comming, but for us impatent peep, I just sat down and called all petstores statewide. I figured the 50$ shipping would be gas $ to go get her. So I ended up driving 200 miles(1way) to get her. Called 35 stores, she was the only 1 left. Good luck with your search!!!

bshmerlie

There is a baby blue listed on Kingsnake today. The problem is its coming from a store that has a hit or miss reputation. But It is the captive bred baby you are looking for. If you do it just make sure you follow strict quarantine procedures.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I think I'll be ok with the baby, I have a great quarantine tank set up for him that can stay until he's big enough to go in the other viv with the big boy. I spoke to a friend and they said that it only took her WTFs 3 weeks to grow and inch, maybe I'll get that lucky. XD

Thanks Cheri! I'll go check that out right away, I've never heard of that site before so it's good you two posted it or I would never have known.

And Ginger I put my phone number in at a local store to see if they might be able to get a hold of one, but other than that I won't be shopping physically for frogs, as the only stores I have around here at Petsmart or Petco's and I don't trust them in particular anymore...>>

Thanks guys! Going to look at the baby blue now Cheri.
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea
    "The gallows are no place for the stubborn//Just you and your lover as a dark souvenir" - Bad Books, Pytor

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bshmerlie View Post
    There is a baby blue listed on Kingsnake today. The problem is its coming from a store that has a hit or miss reputation. But It is the captive bred baby you are looking for. If you do it just make sure you follow strict quarantine procedures.
    Unfortunately I didn't see the baby blue you're talking about Cheri. I went and looked and found two ads for White's and both were just the regular kind. Thanks for alerting me though...but it looks like I missed out.
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko View Post
    Lucky enough no blue phase you find will be wild. All blue phase are captive bred, or if they say wild, I would concerned (Australia seems to prevent export of the white's which is where the blue comes from). Also Bruce is a biggy, might I suggest not looking for a baby as it will take a long while before it would live in the same enclosure. Check kingsnake.com every few months one pops up. I just got one earlier this month.
    Thanks for the info Rocko I never would have known that you can only find these CB, but that is a big weight of my shoulders. I'm not looking for any wild caught frog, frankly it makes me sad to think about.
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

This thread is officially closed. Issue has been resolved.
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea

Thread Information