Thread: New frog

steven

Default New frog

Hello i am getting a Argentinian Horned Frog next week, it will be half an inch big.
    this is the set-up i have created please tell me how to make it better i will be putting a bigger water bowl in.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

whiffer01

Default Re: New frog

i am not an expert or anything like that, but it looks pretty good. maybe you should add a few more plants for cover.

Malachi

The only concern would be the rocks, the frog might eat them. This can cause impaction. You should have some sort of material dividing the rocks from the substrate. They sell a mesh that works well.

whiffer01

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    The only concern would be the rocks, the frog might eat them. This can cause impaction. You should have some sort of material dividing the rocks from the substrate. They sell a mesh that works well.
    there are rocks? i didnt notice.

Malachi

Little black stones in there, probably for humidity?

Animalnstinct

Looks good. My only concern would be what Malachi already mentioned.

I tried putting more plants in with mine and they ended up just making a mess with everything, but I have a few hanging vines that they can hide under but not pull up and get all over their house. You could always consider adding leaf litter too. My little guys love hiding under it!

Thread Information