Thread: New American green tree frog (Hyla cinerea) Terrarium.

SilentWrath

Default New American green tree frog (Hyla cinerea) Terrarium.

I recently upgraded my American green tree frogs, Kodos and Froggers, to a larger ZooMed 18x18x24 Terrarium, and I must say it is quite a bit larger and much more well suited to their needs as far as space is concerned. I can only assume the frogs are as happy as I am with the increased size of the enclosure. I may decide to house a smaller frog in the 12x12x18 ZooMed I was previously using, but I haven't given that much thought yet.

Anyways, here's a few photos of the setup along the way up to how it sits now. I'd like to add a little more plant cover, either real or fake, just to give the frogs a more secure feeling in the tank, but the end result shown here will be the basic layout upon final completion.

AS IT CURRENTLY SITS:vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

The drainage layer consists of a river rock and hydroballs mixture after PetSmart ran out of hydroballs. The substrate, separated by a mesh screen, is T-Rex Jungle Bed covered by Exoterra Forrest Moss.

The plant in the back left corner is Sanseveria trifasciata, and the plant to the right is the common bromeliad,
    Tillandsioideae guzmania. The rest of the 'plants' are fake.

Any questions, comments, or suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

clownonfire

Default Re: New American green tree frog (Hyla cinerea) Terrarium.

Looks very nice! As you said, I would still add a few more plants, and as you've worked at this point with real plants, it would be nice to see you continuing to add more real ones. Just adding the ever so resistant philodendron all around would give more leafage for your ATF and more security!

As the ATF is a nocturnal frog, I don't use light in mine during daytime. My enclosure receives enough indirect sunlight for the plants, and I use a 15W blue night light for mine which she enjoys while she hunts!

Kurt

You can try clown treefrogs, Dendropsophus leucophyllatus or hourglass treefrogs, D. ebraccatus in the spare, smaller ZooMed enclosure.

iatakden

i wouldnt add more plants , i think it looks great and what ever kind of amphib you put in there will be happy !!!

Thread Information