Thread: Pacman Panic! ~Important~

Default Pacman Panic! ~Important~

Hey guys. Got a pacman frog in the beggining of the week. Its an albino, basically the size of a dime/nickle(1inch). First time I saw it, it was albino. Completely albino. Reddish/pinkish eyes, yellow lemon skin, with pink stripes. Then the next day I saw it and I saw a color change that was from yellow, to basically light green. Abit lighter than normal pacmans. But still noticable. And it changes its color between yellow to green. Is that bad or weird? Right now its yellow again, but with green legs.

Okay so the real important question. I put my pac man on a small terrarium. Basically a ten gallon cube. I got in a bag of crickets. I tried the pinheads. It only ate them by hand.

i thought he/she would eat it because I know my toad ate them even when it as a smallish toad. She is now on a larger terrarium*the toad*.

But asides from that..... today I just saw some spots on its skin and it looked like bites. very much like a mosquito bite. You know how they swell up slightly and look like a pimple? basically like that.
    I want to try taking a picture of it tomorrow using my mothers phone. Due to my camera just broke, and my phone did as well.

But a person told me I should use neosporin WITHOUT THE PAIN RELIEVER. But he/she never tried it before on a frog. As well as he/she had admitted not to know much about pac man, but does know about frogs in general.

But I wish to make sure its okay to use that. Or if there's anything else that will prevent infection and be more natural.

I know it may be the crickets. Because I saw 1 medium sized cricket in there and 2 pinheads. Crawling about still with the dust on them. I changed the frog to a small container used on expos. The ones that limit movement. But since its small very very small I figured itll be alright for now. What I did was. i got some spagnum moss. Cleaned it. Boiled it. Then I took the container. Filled it with water. Got some tap water conditioner, that contains slime coat. Basically the brand is "kordon, novaqua". I drained out about 2/3rds of the water so only a small puddle is in the container. Enough to keep the moss moist/wet but not where the frog can drown.

Then I got the frog. I took a long rubbermaid. Filled some of it with dechlorinated water, only deep enough so where he/she can walk around it without any sort of problem of drowning. Left it there for a while(10mins). Then put it on container and has been there for a few hours now I guess. Now what do you suggest I do?

Any other foods I can EASILY find where I live to replace crickets? It has to be small. Because he/she is small. It has to be healthy for the frog and it can't bite. The only worms i seem to find are the larger ones.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

bshmerlie

Default Re: Pacman Panic! ~Important~

I have two stolzmanni pacmans and they actually don't like the real small food. They are about an inch and a half and I tried the smaller crickets and they ignore them. I went back to the full size crickets and they go for them. I ocassionally feed mine wax worms.

Quote Originally Posted by bshmerlie View Post
    I have two stolzmanni pacmans and they actually don't like the real small food. They are about an inch and a half and I tried the smaller crickets and they ignore them. I went back to the full size crickets and they go for them. I ocassionally feed mine wax worms.
    what do I do about the bites that he/she has? It has some mosquito looking bites. They're a tad swollen not too swollen, but enough to look like a red pimple.
    As for the foods, anything else they may take that wont bite back? I am trying to avoid it getting bit.

bshmerlie

You can use the neosporin as long as it doesn't have pain reliever in it. As far as things that don't bite that would be worms. But at some point youre gonna have to feed crickets. I feed my guys one big cricket and they pounce on it right away. Its not left running around the cage. There really is no opportunity to get bit. Maybe others will chime in on what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by bshmerlie View Post
    You can use the neosporin as long as it doesn't have pain reliever in it. As far as things that don't bite that would be worms. But at some point youre gonna have to feed crickets. I feed my guys one big cricket and they pounce on it right away. Its not left running around the cage. There really is no opportunity to get bit. Maybe others will chime in on what they do.
    What i have is something LIKE neosporin but walgreens brand. the main ingredients are
    Triple antibiotics:
    Bacitracin zinc
    neomycin sulfate
    polymycin b sulfate

Thats basically what my mom said it has. She says it has no pain killers. Iam going to ask her to get it tbh.(the neosporin).
    I think ill have to hand feed the frog. Or put it in a small container and let it feed on there. To prevent it from crawling in the cage.

Thread Information