Thread: How often to feed

isu712

Default How often to feed

Hey everyone, I'm new here and am interested in getting a pacman frog, but need to know about feeding schedules. I'm usually gone for at least one weekend a month. Will it be ok to leave the frog for a few days? Can I feed it more than usual before I leave? Also, I'll be gone for a week in early March. Would I need a "frogsitter," or is there a way around it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

jjmorton13

Default Re: How often to feed

Leaving for a weekend should be fine, even for a juvenile. This is assuming that your temperatures and humidity stay in the correct range when you are not around. For a really young frog, I would worry about going a week between feedings, but for an adult a week shouldn't be a problem. I would like to know what other people have to say, though.

isu712

Would it work to throw in a few extra crickets before I leave for a week and let the frog eat them throughout the week.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

i fed a fussy mouse to my adult surinam horned frog every ten days.depend at the size of your frog.i guess feed them a pinky for baby pacman before you leave for a trip.seven to ten should be ok.i don't reconmmand put extra crickets in your tank.they might attack your frog at night.

isu712

Cool, thanks for the idea. I'll just have to figure out a way to keep the humidity up and I should be good to go.

myounguf

I agree with the wise jjmorton13, as I leave mine for weekends all of the time.

As far as leaving crickets in the enclosure, I would not. Extra prey items can both stress and injury your new friend (not to mention it is not needed for just a couple of days away).

isu712

Thanks for all the replies everyone, but I decided to go with fire-bellied toads as my first foray into amphibians.

countfrogula

fire bellied toads are so cute, i been thinking about getting a couple but am running out of room for pets Post pics when you get them.

Thread Information