Thread: Amazon milky and whites owners,

Grrrit

Default Amazon milky and whites owners,

I have a pair of amazon milky tree frogs that are still quite young and are growing fast. Thing is I was wondering if any one has ideas on some large sturdy broad leaved plants I could use in there permenate viv once I have it built for them. Its going to be 24x18x36 (WxDxH). So there will be plenty of room for them and lots of plants.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Leefrogs

Default Re: Amazon milky and whites owners,

Most plants that have capacity to be 6' will do well in short enclosure. Plants seem to know where ceiling is and compensate by bending, getting wide, and shooting babies. U can also hang weight on plant to kind of bansai it to swoop the way u like. I wish I had a viv big enough to add fiddle leaf fig, split leaf philodendron, corn plant, rubber tree, palm, or hibiscus. Best ones to bansai, hibiscus, fig, and rubber tree. Also mine love mother in laws tounge, u can split this and plant at angles, it ensures it will be used more like a laddar, with a perch or stick above. Planted to erect might seem like a pointless climb.

Grrrit

awesome! Thanks for the tip!

Leefrogs

If u go bansai somthing make sure not to choke stem, and u can't use any metal with frogs. Use florist tape, rinse well first, and re-ajust tape every month to avoid choking plant. Get creative with weights, u can tie them to perches, or eachother. Tie at woody part, not green tops. Make sure u clean plant of pesticides and fertalizers. I have small 33 gal viv, but lots of plants, check my alblum. Especially my other pets, (plants) over 30 feet of windows. Make sure to alert me when u update yr alblum with new giant viv. I'm green with envy!!!!

Grrrit

Oh of coarse I can do that! I'm doing the GS foam for the build. All in all I'll have a water fall flowing into a 'river' considering that they in the wild live in or near plants along a river or permenate water source. And a rain system so that I do not have to water the plants that are planted into the walls. And so that I do not have to disturb them while misting. But how exactly would I clean the plants of pesticides?

Leefrogs

kinda the same way u do fertalizers. Rinse roots and wipe leaves. Usually u only see this with soft leaved yummy plants like hibiscus. But if yr doing all the stuff ahead of time the plants will be cleaned before u put frogs in. Ive heard it takes two weeks fir it to clean natrally. But stores do use plant leaf spray stuff that's no good also. U sound like you're going all the way, river and all. Super!!! If yr going to use spring tails they can damage plants, and then u have 2 be careful of plant toxicity. Cuz frogs will eat spring tails.

Grrrit

Ok sounds easy enough lol. Yea I was contemplating spring tails, I didn't know I'd have to be that aware of them. Once I got the backround and molded branches across the viv I'm planning on giving it at least a month for the plants to take well. Not to mention the heat and humidity has to be dailed in before the frogs are introduced. But that's my build plan in a nut shell.

Leefrogs

I know people swear by spring tails in vivs. But I googled it and became affraid for my house plants. Especially my Titan bulbs, bananna tree, and everything else soft skinned. I wouldn't want them loose in my house!!!! Maybe the ones people use are different variety than what came up on google. I don't know. I'd rather clean poop. I also heard that bead a beast(soil) spoils and sours in viv and u have to change it. That's why I went with pots, affraid I guess. But I think don lisk uses it? Maybe ask him bout that.

Thread Information