Thread: Flightless fruit flies - Bumble bee toad and Ranitomeya ventrimaculata

clownonfire

Default Flightless fruit flies - Bumble bee toad and Ranitomeya ventrimaculata

Hi,

So I have been feeding pinhead crickets to my bumblebee walking toad, and as of this week, added a flightless fruit flies diet. SHE LOVES IT. My question:

1. How many should I feed her on a daily basis? She is 6-months old. I give her about 30 per day and she really goes for them.

I will be receiving my 2 young adult R. ventrimaculata this coming Thursday. Terrarium is done.

2. How many should I feed both on a daily basis? They will also be fed pinheads and springtails.

Thank you,

Eric
    Last edited by clownonfire; January 23rd, 2011 at 08:18 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kurt

Default Re: Flightless fruit flies - Bumble bee toad and Ranitomeya ventrimaculata

My answer is as much as they will eat. I always like to have ff's running around in my tanks, so the frogs can feed at will.

clownonfire

Default Re: Flightless fruit flies - Bumble bee toad and Ranitomeya ventrimaculata

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    My answer is as much as they will eat. I always like to have ff's running around in my tanks, so the frogs can feed at will.
    Noted. Thanks, Kurt.

drroboky

hello all... i'm from indonesia.. sorry my english is not good ..i just want to ask, in indonesia i can't find any petstore that sell flightless fruit fly.. is it okay if i use ordinary fruit fly? thx

clownonfire

Quote Originally Posted by drroboky View Post
    hello all... i'm from indonesia.. sorry my english is not good ..i just want to ask, in indonesia i can't find any petstore that sell flightless fruit fly.. is it okay if i use ordinary fruit fly? thx
    I am new at fruit flies, but from what I read around here, I wouldn't feed your frogs just regular fruit flies. Not knowing where they're from, they could be carrying parasites or diseases. There are some pretty more experienced user on this site, and they will be able to give you a better answer.

From the time being, here's a link to the fruit flies section on this site:

http://www.frogforum.net/food-feeder...ing-101-a.html

Eric

drroboky

whoa... thank you for your explanation eric..

Thread Information