Thread: Hello and need help with Chubby frog

Torabelle

Smile Hello and need help with Chubby frog

Hi everyone! I actually found this site while trying to find an explanation for something wrong with my Chubby frog. Would like some insight and will post picture if needed. I came home and found him on his side with his legs in the air. I thought he was dead and freaked out. Turns out he'd just fallen over and couldn't get up. But the bottom of his eyes are rimmed read, like they're filled with blood. Could be because he was flipped over for probably the whole day. Does anyone know what this could be? Please let me know if you can help. I'm already freaking. Going to change his tank tonight just in case something's seriously wrong.

Thanks!

Tory

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Hello and need help with Chubby frog

Welcome to the forum Tory. It sounds like he has some kind of septicemia - you need to take him to an amphibian-savvy vet asap. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Kurt

Default Re: Hello and need help with Chubby frog

I will ad to that, a healthy frog can always right itself. THe fact that it can't cause for great concern. I have found when a frog is inthis condition, it doesn't have much time left on this plane of existance. I do hope he/she pulls through, but I am not counting on it. So sorry though.

Thread Information