Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Help AGAIN, WTF won't...poop.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Need Help AGAIN, WTF won't...poop.

Hey guys, I know this is like...the third time I've done this but I need some advice.

My WTF Bruce Campbell just recently got over an infection, so he's on the road to complete recovery, but I am worried about one last thing.

I posted this in a new thread in case everyone had stopped reading my old one, thinking it was a dead issue now cuz he's all better. But yeah...

Unfortunately I have not seen any little froggy poops since last monday. and that one was very small. I've fed him four times since then, three crickets each time and two mealworms (I know their shells are hard to digest but they were small, and I won't be feeding him any more until he poops). I don't think he could be impacted, unless it was from that first mealworm. If so, does anyone have any tips I can use to get him to go #2? I know this is a silly question, but his belly is starting to look really full and I don't want to feed him so much when he hasn't released anything. The vet told me I can force feed him some mineral oil to loosen things up, but I am really afraid to do that after the Baytril fiasco. He just got to like me I don't want to traumatize him any more than I have to. I tried the warm bath thing, but for some reason Bruce HATES warm water. He jumped right out, nearly scared me to death and landed on my shirt, I'm lucky I didn't crush him when I threw my hands up. The only times I've ever seen him jump is when I put him in warm water, and trust me it's not too hot, I always test it with a finger to make sure. The last time the water was basically luke warm.

So anyway, does anyone have any tips? I've searched around online and come up empty. Please help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Leefrogs

Default Re: Need Help AGAIN, WTF won't...poop.

I'd do what vet said first. But if I give my whites wax worms they have softer stools.

Kurt

What exactly is warm water to you?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

If you feed him more crickets just dip the crickets in mineral oil right before putting them in front of Bruce. If Bruce eats like mine they won't have a chance to take a few steps before inhaled.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    What exactly is warm water to you?
    Warm water to me is obviously different than warm water to a frog, I know that. I keep him in luke warm water, that is room temperature.

No need to be rude, I'm not stupid, I'm just asking for advice.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonLisk View Post
    If you feed him more crickets just dip the crickets in mineral oil right before putting them in front of Bruce. If Bruce eats like mine they won't have a chance to take a few steps before inhaled.
    I thought about doing that too, but I don't tong feed and it might be really hard to get the crickets to sit still while I drop them, but I think I'm going to try that. With force feeding him the mineral oil straight she talked about it accidently going down the wrong pipe, ending up in the lungs and causing pneumonia. That basically scared me away from THAT idea, but putting on the crickets shouldn't be a problem. I don't think he'd be able to tell there was mineral oil on them. Hopefully. XD

Leefrogs

Talking Re: Need Help AGAIN, WTF won't...poop.

So I take it there's no poop yet. I saw kermt eat a bunch of that moss today, so I might be getting out the castor oil.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leefrogs View Post
    I'd do what vet said first. But if I give my whites wax worms they have softer stools.
    Hmm I could give wax worms a try too in the mineral oil thing doesn't work. The only thing I'm scared about with force feeding him the oil is that there's a risk of it going down the wrong pipe, getting into his lungs and causing pneumonia. D: And THAT we really don't want. I'm not confident enough that I won't make him sick, so I think I'm going to give what Don said to do a try. Hopefully I can get the crickets to stay still and relax while I put the mineral oil on them...

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

So I take it there's no poop yet. I saw kermt eat a bunch of that moss today, so I might be getting out the castor oil.
    Haha no poop yet, hopefully I'll see some in the next few days though. I'm gonna give the mineral oil a try tonight when I feed him.

Awe I hope we don't end up with the same problem. D:

Leefrogs

Im glad Don chimed in to tell u to dip it. This gives an idea of more specific dosage. Rather than using a teaspoon. LOL. And beleive me, castor oil will work. It's oil of the castor bean, which is toxic, that's why it makes u poop. Women also use this to induce laybor. I'm planting castor plants in my yard to get rid of moles.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Im glad Don chimed in to tell u to dip it. This gives an idea of more specific dosage. Rather than using a teaspoon. LOL. And beleive me, castor oil will work. It's oil of the castor bean, which is toxic, that's why it makes u poop. Women also use this to induce laybor. I'm planting castor plants in my yard to get rid of moles.
    Oh wow I didn't know all of that...O:

I trust the vet but since it's toxic it won't hurt him right...? I mean, she told me to use it so I don't think she would give me bad advice but I want to make extra sure. I don't want to feed him anything that could hurt him in ANY way, not after this infection ordeal.

Leefrogs

I trust the vet, but don needs a big" thank u" for dosage. Vet wouldn't have told u to use it. Jus lettng u know not to dose him twice, or to overdue it. Or if 1day you're pregnant and wana **** a baby out!!! LOL

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I trust the vet, but don needs a big" thank u" for dosage. Vet wouldn't have told u to use it. Jus lettng u know not to dose him twice, or to overdue it. Or if 1day you're pregnant and wana **** a baby out!!! LOL
    OMG LOL that just too funny.
    Hopefully he poops soon after dosage

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kisa View Post
    Hmm I could give wax worms a try too in the mineral oil thing doesn't work. The only thing I'm scared about with force feeding him the oil is that there's a risk of it going down the wrong pipe, getting into his lungs and causing pneumonia. D: And THAT we really don't want. I'm not confident enough that I won't make him sick, so I think I'm going to give what Don said to do a try. Hopefully I can get the crickets to stay still and relax while I put the mineral oil on them...
    Put the oil in 8 oz or so cup, drop cricket in and swirl him around, He'll be dizzy and then put him right in front of Bruce.

Leefrogs

Well it's true!! I was 2 weeks over. Anyway, she got off forum real quick after that, I just wanted her to give it time. Never got to tell her there were many generations raised up on this stuff, and it's just created good character. I'm glad u told her to dip the cricket, I would've had no idea. Did u like the visual of using the tablespoon? Not to mention the un-intentual one. But the stuff is powerfull!!!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I was a kid in the 60s and 70s and mom knew this too ;-)

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Put the oil in 8 oz or so cup, drop cricket in and swirl him around, He'll be dizzy and then put him right in front of Bruce.
    Thank you for the dosage Don I'll try to get the crickets in some tweezers. The oil won't drown the cricket right? Bruce won't be able to see it if it's not moving, he has a bad eye.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Well it's true!! I was 2 weeks over. Anyway, she got off forum real quick after that, I just wanted her to give it time. Never got to tell her there were many generations raised up on this stuff, and it's just created good character. I'm glad u told her to dip the cricket, I would've had no idea. Did u like the visual of using the tablespoon? Not to mention the un-intentual one. But the stuff is powerfull!!!
    I got mineral oil, not castor. I noticed at the store that they're too different things, one is called an "intestinal lubricant" and the other (castor) was a straight up laxative, so I got the weaker one just in case. I don't wanna hurt his little belly.

The vet told me I could use the syringe I used for when I was giving him thew antibiotics and fill it to the 1 ml line. (I think it's ml, I'm not 100% sure though, but I will try Don's idea.)

So it's not safe to dip more than one cricket? Should I just do one and leave it and wait and see what happens? It says on the back of mineral oil bottle that it takes 6 to 8 hours for the effects to kick in.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I was a kid in the 60s and 70s and mom knew this too ;-)
    This is exactly why I joined this forum, so I could have the knowledge and support of more experienced members. Thanks so much for your help. I'll let you know if I see any progress.

bshmerlie

Quote Originally Posted by Kisa View Post
    This is exactly why I joined this forum, so I could have the knowledge and support of more experienced members.
    No offense to DonLisk or GingerLee's advice but you actually had KURT respond to your post and you "dissed" him. Kurt is "THE MAN" when it comes to tree frogs. He asked you a honest question and you accused him of being rude. Asking "what exactly is warm water to you"? is a very legitimate question and should not have been so quickly dismissed. Kurt has an incredible reputation here on this forum and has earned every ounce of it. Notice all the little "cubes" by his name and his 6000 posts...there's a reason for that. When Kurt or John responds to a post of mine I consider it an honor....and listen to their advice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information