Hello all, I am completely new to this forum but I can't seem to find any information on helping an injured Frog anywhere on the internet.

I have no knowledge on how to care for frogs in the least. I'm an animal lover right down to my very core and I just want to help this little guy so he doesn't die. I have a pond right across my street.

Now here's the problem, I found him on the side of the road. He barely moved, the only reason I picked him up was because I saw his heart beating, just a little.

I did identify it as a Squirrel Frog, he has the white spot/strip underneath his eyes.

At first his eyes were red and I thought it was just the color of his eyes til I looked closer. Someone must have stepped on him or something because both eyes are bloody and his right back leg is broken. He was nearly shriveled, still breathing but barely.

I brought him home and put some lukewarm water in a bowl, a little cooler but not cold, about 1/2 an inch of water. His breathing and heartbeat picked up and he's a little more alert and perky now.

I'm just worried about letting him go with his hurt eyes.

Can someone help me please?

What should I do, should I get some crickets from the pet store? Should I let him go and let nature takes its course?

My compassion got in the way, I couldn't leave him there. ^^;