Thread: Ornates with OUT dots behind the eyes?

onedge30

Default Ornates with OUT dots behind the eyes?

Just a question, as I look to buy several ornates. I want to make sure I can tell the difference between ornate and cranwelli. So, do ALL ornates have the dots behind the eyes?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Adrian

Default Re: Ornates with OUT dots behind the eyes?

primariy all of them have dots even albinos but there are some of a more bandana our fantasy design but the colorwill tell all hope you find some keepers like all of us herpers always hope for!

onedge30

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    primariy all of them have dots even albinos but there are some of a more bandana our fantasy design but the colorwill tell all hope you find some keepers like all of us herpers always hope for!
    Adrian, have you been blogging and drinking? I am having a very hard time understanding your comment.

My understanding is that ornata have dots on the back of eyes. I can see this on all ornata received from Phat Phibs. Albino pacman frogs are only cranwelli and do not have dots. And albino pacman frogs are only cranwelli. No ornata albinos exist.

It looks to me that all 'brown' pacman frogs are cranwelli?

You mumbled something about a 'banana' color? And something about good keepers? You lost me.

Kevin1

I'd say 99.9 percent of all ornates have the dots.

Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by onedge30 View Post
    Adrian, have you been blogging and drinking? I am having a very hard time understanding your comment.

My understanding is that ornata have dots on the back of eyes. I can see this on all ornata received from Phat Phibs. Albino pacman frogs are only cranwelli and do not have dots. And albino pacman frogs are only cranwelli. No ornata albinos exist.

It looks to me that all 'brown' pacman frogs are cranwelli?

You mumbled something about a 'banana' color? And something about good keepers? You lost me.
    the spots on the back can also look BANDANA shaped like curved which can be confused for a fantasy is all im sayn good luck

RikoAustria

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    the spots on the back can also look BANDANA shaped like curved which can be confused for a fantasy is all im sayn good luck
    That wouldn't be an ornata, cranwells have the 'band' pattern, as do fantasy frogs (a trait they receive from the cranwelli side of the hybridization)
    99.9999% of ornatas have the dots, sometimes there will be one dot behind one eye and a half or semi-distorted dot behind the other and vice versa.... but ultimately the ornatas will have the dots as opposed to the band that connects like a unibrow found on cranwellis

8. This member thanks RikoAustria for this post:

onedge30

Thank you. That confirms what I have heard.

Thread Information