Thread: Anyone ever use pacmanfood? Read on...

jesse977

Default Anyone ever use pacmanfood? Read on...

I went to a reptile show and saw the biggest pacman I ever seen. I ask the guy what he feeds it and he says he feeds it pacmanfood..check out the video and tell me what you guys think http://pacmanfood.com/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

jesse977

Default Re: Anyone ever use pacmanfood? Read on...

I forgot to mention this guy was selling blue pacmans, he calls them samurai pacman. These frogs were imported from japan. I have a video ill post it as soon as I have time.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

i have use that to feed my surinam horned frog.i have been using that for few months.so far so good.and the frog are very healthy.

africangrey13

I saw those frogs at the show. He had some pretty cool looking frogs. The blue babies were $60 each. Pretty reasonable price when I think that's the only guy selling them. I've seen pics of his frogs on youtube. He's got other cool color morphs. I didn't get one since he had an adult blue at the show and seems like the blue gets duller as the frog gets bigger.

onedge30

Looks interesting. Probably a high protein fish food with some time of binder.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by onedge30 View Post
    Looks interesting. Probably a high protein fish food with some time of binder.
    Pretty much. I took a look at a bag at their booth in LA last year and the ingredient list read more or less like a package of fish food.

Adrian

i have actually read that this contains SOY which causes blood clotting in amphibians and reptiles!!!!i discontinued immediatley this is not a natural food. plain and simple fish meall with water is not running in around in the forest of surinam

9. This member thanks Adrian for this post:

Digital

Looks like something you would use as a treat, not something for a staple diet. Also isn't a variety always better for any pet? I would never wanna be fed the same thing. Plus it kinda looks like a ball of poo in the video, lol.

11. This member thanks Digital for this post:

bshmerlie

Yeah I saw that stuff at the show too. I would only use it as a treat for variety sake. I'm going to stick with the stuff they would eat in the wild...bugs and worms.

13. This member thanks bshmerlie for this post:

spencerburgo

ive just bought some bags to try, but feeding this alone would be pretty boring for the frogs, there will still be other live food getting mixed in worms crickets pinkies etc.

cheers spencer...................

Kevin1

Whole foods are the best foods. They may live for a long time on a processed diet alone but it's junk compared to whole food items. Samurai reptiles are trying to treat these like fish. I remember when I first heard of it, they claimed it was a perfectly balanced diet but I can't imagine it being that great. Like you guys said, it's like fish food, any fish keeper knows(I'm sure you do Digital) feeding live whole food brings out the best colors, behaviors, and breeding results in fish.

On a side note feeding pellets, I would think would get boring for the frog and keeper and feeding them is half the fun. hahaha

Kevin1

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    i have actually read that this contains SOY which causes blood clotting in amphibians and reptiles!!!!i discontinued immediatley this is not a natural food. plain and simple fish meall with water is not running in around in the forest of surinam
    I like that response Adrian. Very nice and good point. Though I don't imagine our albino mice are running around down there either hahahahaha but good point none the less.

spencerburgo

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    ive read the ingrediants and there is no soy in there, however he does say give a baby pacman a ball the size of a soy bean maybe it was misread,

cheers spencer......................

Myles

it does have soy in it why feed somthing they wouldnt find in the wild

spencerburgo

its worth a try even as a vitamin suplement although i will still be feeding live food as well, as for the soy ingrediant ive read it 3 times now, were on the packet does it say it contains soy?

cheers spencer..........

jesse977

I just read the ingredients and it doesnt say soy. I feed my frogs this stuff once in a while along with pinkys, crickets, and nightcrawlers. It is best to feed live food. Now just because they dont eat this in the wild doesnt mean its bad for them.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I think their's no right and wrong answers here. We all like to try and experience any new products out their. as long your frogs is growing healthy.that's all i counting for.

Kevin1

Sounds like we need Jeff K. to conduct an experiment

Thread Information