Thread: My frogs

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Default My frogs

I knew the colors varied, but wasn't expecting that much. When I bought my second frog, I commented on how dark he was and the guy at the store said he'd lighten and that he was probably just cold. They keep them with the anoles, so I kinda doubted that. He lightens up at times, but is still a dark frog, I like it.

Sorry, crappy cell phone cam.

They finally got names, brown one is Yoga Zen Frog, green one is Sushi.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: My frogs

Cool tree frogs! Why is it that petshops always keep American green tree frogs with anoles?

bshmerlie

Give him some time to warm up and get use to his surroundings and he'll probably brighten up for you. Also just an FYI. Its always best to quarantine new frogs for 30 days when you first get them. That way in case they are ill they won't infect your original frog and your permanent tank.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

He lightens up, to a light olive green, but goes back to brown. My other one stays bright green. He seems healthy and happy enough, so I think he's just a dark frog.

I didn't quarantine because I got them just a few days apart from eachother from the same tank at the pet store, and it hadn't been re-stocked recently. Figured they had all the same bacteria.

Cute frogs... I got my first Hyla cinerea about 2 weeks ago. It goes back and forth between the brown and green yours both show. I didn't realize they were quite that versatile colour-change wise, so that was pretty cool.

Thread Information