Thread: Neon Green Spots-Whites TF

lmclevel

Default Neon Green Spots-Whites TF

Ive read so much about frogs having the neon green spots.
    My Sir-Hops-a-Lot has them now bad...i haven't seen any pics with the spots as large as his are.
    He is very lethargic, wont eat, and is spending a lot of time in the water bowl.

I need OTC suggestions as I do not have the funds to put towards taking him to an exotic pet vet.

Im going to try to lamicil baths... but what should i use as far as OTC antibiotics.

I read maybe using a fish antibiotic from the petstore...???

PLEASE HELP!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Leefrogs

Default Re: Neon Green Spots-Whites TF

there's a bunch of matchng threads. disappearing, re-appearing neon spots. I looked it up a week or so when one of mine got a spot. No problems so far. Spots kinda went away next day. I think I'll write that one peson with similar thread to give us an update

lmclevel

my guys acting very sickly... I didnt notice the spots until today. Havent had him out in a week or so tho so I believe that's when they appeared.

Im going to try the Lamisil baths and I read somewhere you can use fish antibiotics... ill prob consult someone at the petstore also

Leefrogs

I'm sad to hear that he's being sickly too. I wrote him to see what happened there. I dont know what time its is in singapore. Mine started to get their markings like freckles. So I'm wondering if that's how some spots start?!? Spots are an indicator of age, but I couldn't find info on when or how they start. Wish u luck, if I hear anything, I will pass it on. We need Paul to chime in.

5. This member thanks Leefrogs for this post:

Paul Rust

In my humble opinion I would not worry about the spots as much as I would worry about the sitting in the water bowl all the time. This can be an indicator of intestinal parasites. Don't start treating with antibiotics if you don't know what the problem is. If you can't get a fecal exam done or can't get it to a vet, you can at least treat with Panacur-C and hope it is worms. I only say this because Panacur is very safe and the symptoms seem to indicate parasites so give it a shot. Just dust the panacur on it's crickets and force feed it if you have to. You can also dissolve it in distilled water and place a few drops on it's back 3 times a day, I have had great success doing this with my Black Eyed Leaf Frogs if they wont eat. Good luck and try to get it to a vet if there is any way to do so.

lmclevel

if it is gastro how would he have gotten it?
    could it be caused by lack of sanitation?
    I change his water and try to pick up his poop but may miss some
    ive only changed his moss a few times since i got him

he just ate a cricket but doesnt have enough energy to catch the others

panacur-c....can i get this at a local petstore and is there an amphibian kind or which do i use??i looked it up and there is canine and feline..?

Paul Rust

Quote Originally Posted by lmclevel View Post
    if it is gastro how would he have gotten it?
    could it be caused by lack of sanitation?
    I change his water and try to pick up his poop but may miss some
    ive only changed his moss a few times since i got him

he just ate a cricket but doesnt have enough energy to catch the others

panacur-c....can i get this at a local petstore and is there an amphibian kind or which do i use??i looked it up and there is canine and feline..?
    They always have parasites present. He could have became ill and gave the parasites an opportunity to get ahead of his defenses. Eating a cricket is a good sign. Panacur-c is the canine formula and can be purchased at the pet shop. It is Fenbendazole powder. Only treat the animal for 3 days.

Thread Information