Thread: Red Eyed Tree Frog feeding problem

HatchettUK

Exclamation Red Eyed Tree Frog feeding problem

Hi all,

I'm getting a little worried about my juvenile RETF's. I bought small locusts instead of crickets as they tend to be more nutritious.

In the store however, they were being fed on crickets slightly smaller than the locusts i was provided with. And my issue is that the locusts in the tank with the frogs don't seem to be dissapearing. Which worries me.

Should i not feed the locusts, and go to back to crickets? This is what they were being fed at the store and the crickets were slightly smaller.

I've had the frogs since Wednesday, and i'm concerned they haven't eaten since then...

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks guys

James

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

bshmerlie

Default Re: Red Eyed Tree Frog feeding problem

James, I'd go with the crickets for now. If their food item is too big they'll try one, spit it out and then not go for another. Also check for poop...if they're pooping they're eating. Remember when I said I kept my baby's setup real simple with a paper towel and one plant? The reason I did that was that it was very simple for them to see the food but it was also easy for me to check and see the next day how many crickets were left and how many poops I had.

HatchettUK

Hi again Cheri

So far i've only spotted one poop. But I do have a moss substrate, so there could be more concealed amongst this i guess.

The frogs themselves seem to be quite plump at the moment. I've had them for a week now, so if they weren't eating surely they wouldn't have survived this long? I checked on them at about 11:30PM lastnight, and they were incredibly active, hopping about and moving around. So i guess thats also a good thing

I will be picking some crickets up today, hope my babies are okay. Will get some pics up later!

Thanks again

James

HatchettUK

Just a quick update

The locusts seem to be dissapearing slowly, and I still have 2 living frogs!
    I found poop this morning in the water bowl, so my mind is ever so slightly at rest now!
    Unfortunately the store didn't have crickets in, going back tommorrow though as they get stock in on Thursdays...

Regards

Thread Information