Thread: First post & introduction

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Default First post & introduction

Hello everyone. My name is Brian; I'm from New York, US. I'm glad I stumbled across this forum. It has provided invaluable information for my first serious vivarium build.

I've kept a number of tree frogs over the years. Most notably, I had a White's tree frog for 11 years until it died in 2005 (she was already an adult when I purchased her in 1994). It was a simple setup - newspaper floor, found branches, water dish, slate. Now I'm resurrecting that tank for a proper vivarium build. For the time being, it's being used to house my friend's green anole. Once he takes it back I want to introduce tree frogs again. So while I've been designing it for a reptile (heat, basking areas), I've set aside certain features (e.g. water area), which might be extraneous now, but could be necessary for a possible future frog cage.

Anyways, I got some great ideas and insight from the users on this site. You have my thanks. More details on the vivarium (a work in progress) will be posted in the appropriate section.
    Last edited by killerecho; December 17th, 2010 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Details added

2. This member thanks killerecho for this post:

lnaminneci

Default Re: First post & introduction

Welcome to the Forum

You have definately come to the right place! Everyone here is extremely helpful, friendly, and truely cares about frogs.

I'm sure it's exciting for you to get back into it again. I can't wait to see pics of the progress!

*You will find that we LOVE pictures here so, of course, you must do a thread with the progress, pictures, ect....and of course your new frogs!

~Lesley

4. This member thanks lnaminneci for this post:

bshmerlie

Welcome to the forum Brian. What kind of tree frogs will you be getting this time?

6. This member thanks bshmerlie for this post:

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Oh man that's the $64,000 question isn't it? I actually feel a bit like a kid at the candy store just as long as I can only have one type of candy

I might be getting gray tree frog tadpoles so if everything works out that will be my next frog. I also loved having a White's the first time; I wouldn't mind doing it again, but this time raising it from a baby. Also being considered are red eyes and pacific chorus frogs. Eventually I want to enter dart frog territory. I don't quite have the experience or setup for it right now, though.

Quote Originally Posted by bshmerlie View Post
    Welcome to the forum Brian. What kind of tree frogs will you be getting this time?

Paul Rust

Welcome to Frog Forum Brian.

9. This member thanks Paul Rust for this post:

Kurt

Welcome aboard.

11. This member thanks Kurt for this post:

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Thanks for the first reply, Lesley. I've haunted this forum long before I actually joined so I can totally concur with your assessment of the good people here.

I've put up a detailed post of my setup here. It's got a few pics but unfortunately, I didn't keep a picture log of my actual building process. But I'm not done with it yet and from here on forth I'll be sure to get a shot of every change I make

Quote Originally Posted by lnaminneci View Post
    Welcome to the Forum

You have definately come to the right place! Everyone here is extremely helpful, friendly, and truely cares about frogs.

I'm sure it's exciting for you to get back into it again. I can't wait to see pics of the progress!

*You will find that we LOVE pictures here so, of course, you must do a thread with the progress, pictures, ect....and of course your new frogs!

~Lesley

BrittanyLynn

Welcome. I'm new too.

14. This member thanks BrittanyLynn for this post:

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Welcome to the forum Brian.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Thread Information