Thread: Stolzmanni Pacman Poop!

bshmerlie

Default Stolzmanni Pacman Poop!

Okay...I'm taking it that the HUGE logs I find in the water dish is their poop. Couldn't someone have warned me. it looks like something my cat did. YIKES! The 5x8 trays of coco fibre are working great. While their sitting in the water dish I just swap out with a fresh tray of soil. They are both still very active at night so I think I'm going to ask Santa for a bigger tank for x-mas. I'm thinking of a 40 gal breeder and put a divider down the middle that way I can stay with one row of lights. Do you think that would be a good size even for them as adults? Theyll top out at two or three inches. Right now they bump into the glass way too much.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

John911

Default Re: Stolzmanni Pacman Poop!

Quote Originally Posted by bshmerlie View Post
    Okay...I'm taking it that the HUGE logs I find in the water dish is their poop. Couldn't someone have warned me. it looks like something my cat did. YIKES! The 5x8 trays of coco fibre are working great. While their sitting in the water dish I just swap out with a fresh tray of soil. They are both still very active at night so I think I'm going to ask Santa for a bigger tank for x-mas. I'm thinking of a 40 gal breeder and put a divider down the middle that way I can stay with one row of lights. Do you think that would be a good size even for them as adults? Theyll top out at two or three inches. Right now they bump into the glass way too much.
    I could have warned you.

No i didnt keep the quarter.

bshmerlie

You know ....I might be able to win the "my frog poop is bigger than your frog poop" contest. Of course it has to be relative to their size. Lucky's poop wasn't as big as your posted poop but compared to his body size he's probably got yours beat. I can't believe I find this funny.

John911

Lol. Glad to hear your frogs are doing well.

EpicFrogMan

I think 40 gallons is overkill for 2 inch horned frogs

bshmerlie

Quote Originally Posted by EpicFrogMan View Post
    I think 40 gallons is overkill for 2 inch horned frogs
    Right now they are each in a 12x12 cube. A 40 gal breeder cut in half is only 18x18 for each frog. That's only 6 more inches of floor space. Plus I'm thinking of making a planter out of the divider in the middle which would take up about 3 inches. How much floor space are you guys giving your frogs? The vertical height really doesn't matter.

John911

Keep our 5" cranwelli in a standard 10g. Our 3" ornate is lost in his 10. I am building some new enclosures from an idea I stole from tarantula forums though.

bshmerlie

Quote Originally Posted by John911 View Post
    Keep our 5" cranwelli in a standard 10g. Our 3" ornate is lost in his 10. I am building some new enclosures from an idea I stole from tarantula forums though.
    10 gal is 20"X10" floor space.
    20 gal long is 30X12 floor space (divided in half would be 15X12 floor space) by the time I put in my custom built divider I would be back to the 12X12 floor space they have right now.
    40 gal would be 18X18 floor space for each frog.

I thought everyone was saying that a 12X12 was not sutible for any frog for long term. I've used them for quarantine tanks but never for long term. Should I just leave them in those? When they are moving around at night I hear them bumping into the glass alot. It only takes two hops and they are on the other side of the tank. Maybe I should post a video of these two psyco frogs. Their two tanks are butted up right next to each other so maybe they hear each other moving around so they move around more. I don't know. As soon as I open the top to feed them they immediately jump out of the soil in anticipation of food. Right now they have all four sides covered just until they are settled in, but to be honest, when it got dark that first night they were out and about. They are not shy in the least. I could probably feed them with tweezers if I wanted to although I haven't tried it yet.

I would love to see the setup idea that you're using from the Tarantula forums. Any links?

Digital

I use a 20 gallon long for my guy. Then again he about 4- 4 1/2 inches long. Plus I o ready had the tank from when I was breeding fish, so it saved me some money.

@John

Are you sure that a poop? Damn thing looks like a log....

bshmerlie

Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post

Are you sure that a poop? Damn thing looks like a log....
    I know...who would have guessed? They do huge poops! Its about as big as the frog...that's why they looks so fat they're full of poop.

Myles

the pacman frog in my picture took a 12 inch one when i soaked him

Malachi

wow....amazing but also kinda gross.

Digital

Quote Originally Posted by bshmerlie View Post
    I know...who would have guessed? They do huge poops! Its about as big as the frog...that's why they looks so fat they're full of poop.
    That's kinda scary, our frogs can take a poo the size of a little dog, lol.

Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    the pacman frog in my picture took a 12 inch one when i soaked him
    sike lol

i took my frog out to show my sister and it pissed liek 100 gallons in at once
    African Bullfrogs, Clawed Frogs, Salamanders, Newts, Bearded Dragons,

Thread Information