Thread: Peacock tree frog

maree

Default Peacock tree frog

Hello all! New to this site, but have run across it a few times now in my internet searching. I haven't had a frog since I was a kid, but would like to get back into it. I've been doing lots of research trying to decide what type of frog I want, and also where I should get it. I live in the NW corner of Montana and its a bit cold right now so I don't know if having any frogs shipped would be a great idea... anyway, the selection of frogs at the local pet store is not quite what I'm looking for and I'm also not sure about health. I'd love to find a peacock tree frog, if anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it. Thanks ~ Maree

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Peacock tree frog

Welcome to the forum Maree. Good luck on your search.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

maree

Thanks for the welcome! I'm also an author/illustrator currently working on a children's book that I'll need some frog reference photos for, if I had my own frog already I might be able to use it, although peacock tree frogs are a little more exotic looking than what I need.

So if there are any aspiring photographers out there with aspiring model frogs give me a shout!

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Welcome to the forum Maree

Animalnstinct

Welcome to the forums! I'm the same, I had frogs as a kid and I'm now looking at getting a few to add to my family.

I'm actually looking at getting a peacock tree frog also and found a few on kingsnake.com that I'm considering. Someone suggested the website here in forums and I'm really glad they did because it's a cool site with lots of awesome finds.

Looking forward to seeing you around! - Jenn

maree

Thanks for the tip, I checked out their classifieds and didn't see any peacocks right now, if you end up getting some or find some you think are nice feel free to let me know, and I'll do the same! Good Luck!

FrogLines

Welcome, I'm also a new member. My frogs are Dwarf African, they live under water their whole lives. I've posted some photos and looked at others, check it out. There are some beautiful frogs in that section.

Deb

Hi Maree ! I'm a newbie to this site. My most recent addition is a baby peacock frog. Good eater, big black eyes, currently green with speckles of black, but will change to a brown. It has ONE time made the "peacock" call and it was quite amazing. Easy frog to care for but DEFINITELY nocturnal. Just sleeps all day like most of the tree frogs do. He can eat a lot and has grown from 3/4 Inch to 1 1/4 inch in a month. Also has big mouth and can eat much larger crickets than I would have thought. I purchased in anticipation of the unique call- hope I hear more when he is older !

kiwibaby

Quote Originally Posted by maree View Post
    Thanks for the welcome! I'm also an author/illustrator currently working on a children's book that I'll need some frog reference photos for, if I had my own frog already I might be able to use it, although peacock tree frogs are a little more exotic looking than what I need.

So if there are any aspiring photographers out there with aspiring model frogs give me a shout!
    Welcome to the forum! I am a graphic designer/photographer so I may be able to help you out. I have a red eye tree frog so there are a few pictures of her that may be of some help. RETFs are still very exotic looking but they have a very idealistic body shape that shouts FROG in my opinion.

Thread Information