Thread: The Pa commission sent me this message..

charlamanda

Default The Pa commission sent me this message..

I got a response to the email I sent to the Pa fish and Boating commission. Here it is...

It would not be legal to ship the tadpoles out of state or even in-state to other persons to keep as pets even if you did not charge anything. While the laws in many other states aren't consistent many have prohibitions against receiving live animals due to disease concerns. In addition the possession limit for gray tree frogs is one in Pennsylvania so in theory you could let people come and take one each to keep as a pet.
    In the future I would suggest that you move the eggs and/or tadpoles to a natural pond and allow nature to take its course. I appreciate your concern for the animals that unfortunately have found themselves in your pool but sending the animals to others where it may place them in jeopardy of prosecution is not a good solution. Thank you for contacting the Commission.

Oh, well, but it was worth a try, right?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: The Pa commission sent me this message..

Three cheers for governmental red tape and bureaucratic babble.
    At least you tried.
    Terry Gampper
    Nebraska Herpetological Society

“If we can discover the meaning in the trilling of a frog, perhaps we may understand why it is for us not merely noise but a song of poetry and emotion.”
    ---
    Adrian Forsyth

Kurt

Yeah, at least you know what the deal is.

Rae

Awws thank-you for trying... I'll have to find someone around here... Anyone breeding greys in Ontario, Canada?

charlamanda

Thanks all, I thought it was worth a letter, but he did say people could come and take one to raise as pets, LOL! You'd think they were endangered!
    What I don't get is that they are being sold all over the world, so what's the difference?
    They are forcing the deer out of the community and even hunting them all around here, but they are worried about a few frogs, doesn't seem fair does it?
    Most of these tads will not survive and had I not taken them from the pool all would have died, no harm no foul, so I can't understand why rules can't be changed, etc. Trust me I get it but it's so annoying and confusing that laws in place for decades on certain animals, well anything, aren't revised or certain senario's are allowable. Maybe I should do a writting campain!LOL
    Just pisses me off to no end! There are always loop holes though, I bet if I were a lab doing experiments I could keep them!LOL Sad actually

Thread Information