Thread: New baby white tree frogs. Advice/tips please.????

ajf95

Default New baby white tree frogs. Advice/tips please.????

Yesturday i purchased 2 baby whites tree frogs. I have done everything that the woman in the pet shop told me to do. However i am quite worried about them as the humidity in the tank is now at 80% and i have read that this is too high and i havent even sprayed the tank yet , how coulod i lower this ?
    Also i do have a heat mat but the temperature is too cold as it is only at 20 degrees how could i increase this ?
    All day today they have been very unactive everytime i look at them they are in the exact same place asleep. I know they are nocturnal but i have read that if the tank is too dry they become inactive.could this be the problem?

Thankss

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: New baby white tree frogs. Advice/tips please.????

Hi and congrats on the new Whites.

If your humidity is 80 percent its definitely not too dry. A complete description of your setup or pics might help with someone being able to provide you a better answer though.

Rae

Hey congrats! I dont have a Whites but I was told that lighting may dry things up quicker and may add heat .... do you know the lighting requirements for Whites Tree frogs? I'm currently looking for a "repti glow 2.0" (i think its called) for my terrarium it a low heat uva/uvb bulb.

It might help dry things and heat a bit

oh make sure the thermometer and humidy meters are working properly mine that came with my exo terras are off.

Before adding lighting get some other suggestios im not sure about Whites temp. and heat requirements and dont want to hurt them...

My lil Frodo doesn't do anything but sit in the same spot ALL day but every morning if up early i see him out on his log and his water is dirty so i know hes moving and plus the crickets are usually gone lol.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Whites don't really have specific lighting requirements but day temps should be around 75 - 80 degrees and night temps should drop to between 68 - 70 degrees.

Humidity should be 60 to 70 percent but I have heard of people keep them at 80 percent with no problems.

I myself am having a low humidity issues (45 - 50 day and 50 - 55 at night) since I added a screen to my enclosure to drop temps and now noticing my under tank heater is not doing the trick. My humidity rises at night and drops in the day but the Whites are still staying active with the humidity changes.
    Probably just going to reduce the size of the screen to correct this.

Thread Information