Thread: Firebelly Toads are Common ... Oh really?

peeka

Default Firebelly Toads are Common ... Oh really?

This is just a funny story of what happened to me today.

Since my terrarium is arriving in 3 days I decided I wanted to see a fire belly in person and decided to drag my bf with me. He was not amused.

So I went to the nearest Petco to see if they had any. Unfortunately they did not, they did have a cute chubby frog though.
    So I asked one of the workers when they could expect to get more in, she said she didn't know but not to worry because firebellies are extremely common and to check the PetSmart nearby.

I drive over to the PetSmart to see if they have any. Unfortunately they did not, they did have a cute tomato frog though. I asked when they could be expecting more in, once again the worker could not give me a definite answer but he said sometime soon as firebellies are very common.

I decide to drive to pet supermarket to see if they have any apparently they never carry them, only white tree frogs but firebellies are so common I should be able to find them anywhere. I then explained to them that I had been looking all day with no luck and they suggested I try a place called herp hobby and give me the number.

I call and ask for firebellies, his response was like, firbellies? really, you are calling me for firebellies? go to Petco!

At this point my bf was convinced that firebellies don't actually exist and this was all a ploy by me to get him out of the house.

So alas I went home without finding any firbellies to fawn over.

For something so common they sure seem to be eluding me for the time being.

Ally

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Jace

Default Re: Firebelly Toads are Common ... Oh really?

Sorry, I did have to chuckle at your little adventure. I noticed when I was looking to expand my own FBT collection, that it seemed like everyone wanted one or two or three at the same time, so for a week, no petstores in my area had them. Then, 20 came in, and from that batch I managed to snag a beautiful brown female and a great bi-coloured male. The wait will be worth it-just hang in there!

Thread Information