Thread: Too much water?

wendel2

Question Too much water?

My frogs been acting a little strange for the past 3 weeks or so. At first he wasn't eating as often as usual and I looked into it and it seemed that he was constipated. Then recently I've had to clean up stool a couple of times so I felt a little bit better after that. My only problem is that now for the past 4 days his appetite is still weak and he's chronically in his water dish. Is there such thing as too much water? I keep refilling it and he doesn't flinch (normally thats the kind of thing that would scare him away), but he just sits there. I know a lot of people have pacman frogs that spend most of their time in the water, but this is the first time I've seen him do this. Typically he just burrows in his substrate with only his eyes showing. I've also noticed these little whitish bugs throughout his tank , but the more I look into it, the more I am told they are harmless and are from the soil. (I have live plants). The only problem is, they seem to be near him and I'm wondering if maybe he's staying in the water to be bothered by them less??? Either way I'm getting new everything and starting the tank from scratch because I'm really worried, but does anyone have any idea what could have changed his behavior?

(The environment hasn't changed - Temp 80 during day and 70 at night. Humidity is 50%. Light cycle is on a timer and consistent) Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

keith123toad

Default Re: Too much water?

hi
    I have had the little white mites on occassions.They seem harmless and cause no problems.I allways change the substrate if I see them and disinfect the vivarium and they seem to vanish!.My pacman harold sometimes buries himself to his eyes and sometimes only half buries himself? He also sits in his water dish for up to two days even though I spray twice a day.Your frog seems ok and does what mine does,my frog also has a varying appetite ,eats sometimes then perhaps eats nothing for days.
    If your frog looks fat and healthy then I am sure its ok.
    Keith

Eel Noob

Default Re: Too much water?

Did it ate before going in waterdish? I know some of my frogs sits in their waterdish for a few days after a big meal.

Thread Information