Thread: Glass vs Screen terrariums

peeka

Default Glass vs Screen terrariums

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a terrarium to house firebelly toads. I really like the look of the exo terra terrariums

My question is should I be looking at glass or screen terrariums? what would be better for firebellies or does it not matter?

I'm guessing glass terrariums tend to be more humid? but I'm not sure that could be totally off.

thanks for your time

Ally

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

bshmerlie

Default Re: Glass vs Screen terrariums

Glass terrariums for frogs and toads. Helps keep the humidity in.

peeka

Aha! So I'm not so clueless after all, that's good to know.

Thanks as always Cheri

Ally

peeka

bshmerlie

They make a 24 tall for the same price. Tree frogs like height.

bshmerlie

Oops sorry...that tank would be perfect for fire belly toads. Although they can climb they don't usually so you WOULD want more floor space. I would go for the one you mentioned. I've got two Exo Terra's and I love them. Now they do make a 36 inch long but it does start to get pricey. A good thing about their tanks is that the lids lock into place.The firebellies wont utilize the vertical space hardly ever but when they first get into the tank they will test every corner for an escape route or a weak point. And they can be relentless if they find one. You look at them and you would think, how could they climb the glass they can barely jump but you wait and see they they'll do the Jackie Chan up the corners of the tank in no time flat.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by bshmerlie View Post
    You look at them and you would think, how could they climb the glass they can barely jump but you wait and see they they'll do the Jackie Chan up the corners of the tank in no time flat.

bshmerlie

That's an awesome pic Tony. We should keep that one handy the next time someone asks if FBT can climb.

peeka

Awesome pic! Thanks for sharing

Ally

s6t6nic6l

hi. that would be more than ideal for FBT's. what i wanted to house mine in but could not get required size for my needs. the water level would be fine up to the vent and could i suggest going for a 50/50 water/land ratio which ideally gives them the best of both worlds. put large branches in too as they do like clambering around. as suggested keep tight fitting top but you won't have to worry there, what, with the mesh lid, again which is ideal for your lighting needs. you won't need any heating either. SO EASY TO KEEP. good luck.

peeka

Quote Originally Posted by s6t6nic6l View Post
    hi. that would be more than ideal for FBT's. what i wanted to house mine in but could not get required size for my needs. the water level would be fine up to the vent and could i suggest going for a 50/50 water/land ratio which ideally gives them the best of both worlds. put large branches in too as they do like clambering around. as suggested keep tight fitting top but you won't have to worry there, what, with the mesh lid, again which is ideal for your lighting needs. you won't need any heating either. SO EASY TO KEEP. good luck.
    Thank you!

Ally

Thread Information