Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lemur Leaf Frog

Viv

Default Lemur Leaf Frog

Does anyone kow anything aabout these frogs? Would they be for sale anwhere or are they illegall to buy? Does anyone know how to care for them if you can buy them? Sorry for all the questions.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Tony

Default Re: Lemur Leaf Frog

They are currently for sale from Understory Enterprises, the price is $235 per frog. Care is similar to red eyed tree frogs except with cooler temps and a little more moisture.

Here are a few shots from my group:

Viv

$235 is "a bit" out of my price range considering that I just turned in to a teenager. What size tank to do you keep them in, exo-terra 18-18-24 for like 2-3 frogs? By cool what do you mean, 65-70? Sorry for the questions, again.

Tony

I keep my group of 10 in a 22.5x17x24 Protean terrarium. I try to keep the temps around 75 during the day and 68 at night.

Current setup is ugly but makes it easy to keep track of them, they will go into a nicely planted naturalistic vivarium when they are fully grown.

bshmerlie

$235 per frog?....hope you got the 10 pack discount.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by bshmerlie View Post
    $235 per frog?....hope you got the 10 pack discount.
    Nope, no quantity discounts. Demand is high enough that they don't feel the need to offer price breaks yet.

Viv

well i better start saving even if i want one or two

Viv

well i was looking around the frogforum and i saw that you just bought a lot of A. Morletti. Are you planning on breeding these frogs and the A. Morletti?

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    well i was looking around the frogforum and i saw that you just bought a lot of A. Morletti. Are you planning on breeding these frogs and the A. Morletti?
    Yes, along with A. annae, A. callidryas, and several other species.

Viv

Well, I will probably buy some frogs from you i the future aka ( me wanti A. annae)

Kurt

So do I, but not till the prices drop down to a reasonable level.

Also, I don't understand the fascination with Hylomantis lemur. Is it because its so rare? It can't be for the color.

Tony

They are a frog you have to see in person to really appreciate, photos don't do them justice at all. My favorite feature is the eyes, huge and silver with the black ring around the outside, they are so cool in person. I love my flashy frogs, but the little green or brown ones can be just as much fun.

Tony

Also, one thing to keep in mind when you look at their current price is that half of it is being donated to CRARC to help fund the conservation program, it is not just a greed-motivated cash grab.

bshmerlie

When you sell your offspring will you be donating half to CRARC as well?

poison beauties

I would think donating to help keep other projects would be a great idea. CRARC seems to be established and with Mark giving back to them others should support them yes but also other causes.
    Im just wondering what you guy's think a reasonable price for the Annae and Lemur's are. The Annae were close to wiped out in the wild and are in few numbers here. It may take a few more breeding cycles before they drop any more in price.

By the way Tony, nice pics. I love the color change in the Lemur.

Michael

Tony

I have not decided on any specifics yet, but once my business is established I will definitely support conservation projects with a portion of my profits.

Viv

Have you bred any frogs yet? Not the H. Lemur but the A. annae or the A. morletti or any other frogs.

Tony

Have you bred any frogs yet? Not the H. Lemur but the A. annae or the A. morletti or any other frogs.
    Yes, I am currently raising several clutches from my A. callidryas and P. hypochondrialis. I am starting the dry cycle for my A. annae and hope to breed them in the spring, my A. moreletii are young froglets and will not be ready to breed for at least a year.

Viv

Well that gives me time to start saving if I will be able to buy A. annae. Do you know how much they will sell for?

Tony

Well that gives me time to start saving if I will be able to buy A. annae. Do you know how much they will sell for?
    I will probably price them at about $80.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information