Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lemur Leaf Frog

Viv

Default Re: Lemur Leaf Frog

Cool. Thanks for letting me know. I will probably be able to buy 2-3. Could you keep 2-3 in an Exo-terrra 18-18-24?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Tony

That would work for froglets but is too small for adults in my opinion. They are quite a bit bigger than red eyes and very active at night. I currently have mine in a 24 x 18 x 24 Exo and I feel that it is too small, I am having a new 45 x 17 x 24 Protean terrarium built for them. If you want to stick with Exo Terra the 36 x 18 x 24 should give you enough room for a small group.

Viv

Pictures please. What plants do you have in the vivarium?

Tony

Old shots:

Current shot:

They tore all the bromeliads off the back wall so it is just the big Anthurium and Pothos in there now.

Viv

Cool thanks. Do you feeed them like inch long crickets? Is that a stream on the piece of wood?

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    Cool thanks. Do you feeed them like inch long crickets? Is that a stream on the piece of wood?
    I feed crickets in a range of sizes from 1/2" to adult, lateralis roaches and lobster roaches. There is a small stream running down the wood and a built in rain system on a second pump.

Viv

What is a protean terrarium? Ive heard you use it twice now. Is the tank like a half water half land tank.

Tony

What is a protean terrarium? Ive heard you use it twice now. Is the tank like a half water half land tank.
    Protean Terrarium | Custom Glass Terrariums

Viv

Thanks for the link. Do you have like a store or are you just a breeder of frogs?

Tony

Thanks for the link. Do you have like a store or are you just a breeder of frogs?
    I'm just a hobbyist, I had my experience running a retail pet store and never want to go back.

Viv

Cool. How many forgs are you planning on breeding? Would the 18-18-36 terrarium work for a small group of A. annae?

Tony

Cool. How many forgs are you planning on breeding? Would the 18-18-36 terrarium work for a small group of A. annae?
    Depends on how many frogs feel like breeding. An 18 x 18 x 36 would work well for a small group, they should really like the extra height.

Viv

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Depends on how many frogs feel like breeding. An 18 x 18 x 36 would work well for a small group, they should really like the extra height.
    Depends how the frogs feel about breeding. Haha. If i wanted to make a vivarium that had a water land area, would I silicone a piece of glass across the middle to seperate the water from land? What substrate are you using?

Tony

You could use a glass divider, but make sure you have a way to drain water from the land area as well. I use hydroton (clay media for hydroponics) as the substrate with a thin layer of sphagnum moss on top.

Viv

Where did you get all the frogs from? I can only find a couple sites that sell like 2 frogs.

bshmerlie

Where did you get all the frogs from? I can only find a couple sites that sell like 2 frogs.
    Michael...at Rainforest Junky's - Home sells an adult breeding trio. They are pricey but if you want to breed them you would for sure have a sexed group and Mike is one of the most respected breeders out there.

Viv

The thing is I don't have $400 right now.

Tony

To the best of my knowledge Mike is the only one selling A. annae right now, the people that he and I bought our groups from are no longer breeding them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information