Thread: A few random toad pic's from this afternoon...

SethD

Default A few random toad pic's from this afternoon...

My smallest male southern toad from the spawning in june harassing another female... He thinks he is big enough and I say he isn't. That one crazy male in particular has been trying to get other toads in amplexus since he was about 2 month old. Just about every day I see him pouncing on someone, this with zero conditioning or anything that I can think of to set him off. Something is wrong with his twisted little mind. lol

The albino woodhousii from this summer are also doing well and remarkably, actually appearing at least somewhat clean instead of their normal dirty and stained appearance they get while burrowing...

Part of the experimental "maximum growth" group, looks like that good size female is hoping for more food... Also visible is a male in the far back with a small white spot behind his left eye but in front of the parotid gland. It has been noticeable since he morphed and he was the only one like that, no idea if it is a slight manifestation of piebaldism or something else not heritable. What ever it is it's definitely not normal though.

A dark reddish female also from the max growth group peering out of her hole...

Pedostibes hosei, male on a branch up against the wall and female burrowing under a plant...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Jace

Default Re: A few random toad pic's from this afternoon...

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. The albino woodhousii are filling out very nicely.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Very nice. Thanks for sharing. I love to see toads in amplexus. I have a photo of a couple of Wyoming toads in amplexus in my photo album.
    Terry Gampper
    Nebraska Herpetological Society

“If we can discover the meaning in the trilling of a frog, perhaps we may understand why it is for us not merely noise but a song of poetry and emotion.”
    ---
    Adrian Forsyth

firebellied zach

Albino!!!! I love them all.

Thread Information