Thread: Gray tree frog

frisky

Default Gray tree frog

Is it a good call for my 1st tree frog ???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

charlamanda

Default Re: Gray tree frog

Hi frisky, I have Gray Tree Frogs and I wanted to comment on your thread, but it looks like a continuation of an ongoing thread and the previous part of it is missing. Fill us in and I am sure others can help, if you'd like.
    BTW...Gray Tree frogs do seem to be a good first pet Tree frog, mine are. They are very hardy and are making wonderful pets. I took in 13 froglets after they morphed and left my pool in July. My pool was full of thousands of tadpoles and is full again! When they left the pool in July my property looked like one of the Egyptian plagues, but a nice one.LOL
    1 more ??? On your list of pets are the Violin, Deadleaf, Asian, Peacock all Mantis? The ooth are the babies, is that correct? I'd love to see some pics if you can post them.
    I rescued a praying mantis from Walmart a few weeks ago, but I have never heard of someone keeping them as pets, if thats what you indeed have. Is it legal in the UK? I don't think it is in the US.

Rae

Hey I also have become the new owner of a Grey Tree Frog and from what I have read seems to be one of the easiest to keep.

I hope you have lots of fun with it Make sure you read the care sheet on them it helped us alot and reading other posts and reply's to my posts have been amazing.

charlamanda

Rae, do you have any pics of your Gray's?

charlamanda

AHH! Rae, I found your pics and your camera takes pics just a well as mine does of your frogs!LOL

Rae

lol feel free to add me as friend if u want cant wait to see you pics

frisky

Quote Originally Posted by charlamanda View Post
    Hi frisky, I have Gray Tree Frogs and I wanted to comment on your thread, but it looks like a continuation of an ongoing thread and the previous part of it is missing. Fill us in and I am sure others can help, if you'd like.
    BTW...Gray Tree frogs do seem to be a good first pet Tree frog, mine are. They are very hardy and are making wonderful pets. I took in 13 froglets after they morphed and left my pool in July. My pool was full of thousands of tadpoles and is full again! When they left the pool in July my property looked like one of the Egyptian plagues, but a nice one.LOL
    1 more ??? On your list of pets are the Violin, Deadleaf, Asian, Peacock all Mantis? The ooth are the babies, is that correct? I'd love to see some pics if you can post them.
    I rescued a praying mantis from Walmart a few weeks ago, but I have never heard of someone keeping them as pets, if thats what you indeed have. Is it legal in the UK? I don't think it is in the US.
    lol isit in the uk you can keep anything so long as it dose not have fangs with poison lol the mantids are ace

dead leaf mantis

peacock female

violin mantis

male peacock aka (dave) r.i.p

asian mantis is L6 nice and big lol

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by charlamanda View Post
    On your list of pets are the Violin, Deadleaf, Asian, Peacock all Mantis? The ooth are the babies, is that correct? I'd love to see some pics if you can post them.
    Ootheca is the casing in which the eggs are deposited. Offspring are called nymphs. I have kept mantids myself, never had much keeping them alive beyond a few months though. I did have an African neon green mantis, Sphodromantis viridis lay a series of ootheca, none of which ever hatched out.

Oh and a gray treefrog is an excellent frog to start out with.

charlamanda

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    Ootheca is the casing in which the eggs are deposited. Offspring are called nymphs. I have kept mantids myself, never had much keeping them alive beyond a few months though. I did have an African neon green mantis, Sphodromantis viridis lay a series of ootheca, none of which ever hatched out.

Oh and a gray treefrog is an excellent frog to start out with.
    Thanks Kurt.

Thread Information