Thread: Redecorated Vivs

Default Redecorated Vivs

Today I started rebuilding my vivariums. I did not finish. After using 3 bricks of the substrate I use, I discovered I only had enough for the first 2 tanks! I'll have to buy more tomorrow. But here's what I have so far.

First, the Malaysian leaf frog tank. The large plant in the very middle is a fake plant, but he loves that thing. By the way, he's being incredibly silly and isn't going into the nice "jacuzzi" I bought him, next to the Aphrodite statue. Instead, he's going into the pool of Azolla on the other side. Oy. Anyways, here's the pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Redecorated Vivs

Second, the White's tank. Ok, I totally misjudged the size of the tank, so I didn't get to put in all the plants I bought for it. Also, I'm not completely done, because I'm getting a bromeliad later that I'm hoping to attach to the wood in the background.

The vines on the side and the Spanish moss on the background are fake plants. Everything else is real. I really hope they don't destroy the tank this time.

Jace

Wow, Elaine-those are looking amazing!! Your frogs are going to be in absolute heaven . I can't wait to see more pics of the next tank...and maybe some pics of your frogs enjoying their redecorated digs!

I haven't put them in yet....I am afraid of seeing them ruined in the morning. lol. Those frogs can be messy.

lnaminneci

GREAT JOB, Elaine!

I love the Malaysian leaf frog's tank! I would go into the "jacuzzi"! Give him time...he's just bashfull...

I had done the same thing when I set up mine too. lol I was too excited and bought too many plants and plants that were too large. And didn't have enough room for all that I wanted to put into it. But the frogs will still enjoy their new homes!

Can't wait to see the other two when they are finished!

~Lesley

I finished the other two! This one is the golden treefrog. Right now, he only have one real plant, the pothos in the back corner. It's the only one I had that I felt was a good size for him. I'm going to grow a lot of the vines and wait for them to get bigger before putting them in tanks. But it's a lot fuller now. He has a fake log on the left side of the tank that he loves. It's still a cute tank.

This one is the little gray treefrog tank. This is the only tank that I feel plants will actually survive in. He's tiny. He doesn't make a mess. He appreciates my hard work.

The vine on the front left is fake and the plant in the very middle with the pink flowers is fake, but I like the colors, and the vine will be removed once the others start to grow out. On the back I have a pothos, a varigated ficus, and a cryptanthus "cafe au lait" (which means coffee with milk. Yay, 3 years French helped me). On the right side I have a creeping charlie and green scandens. I have tropical moss in front of the cave. I like it a lot.

Jace

I think you've found a hidden talent, Elaine! They look great and I am sure all of them are going to appreciate it! I've always loved the natural looking setups and yours have nailed it completely. Great job!

Kurt

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

bshmerlie

Those are great looking enclosures, I'm sure they'll be happy. That's why I'm always redecorating ...its almost as much fun as keeping the frogs.

Thread Information