Thread: Oral bleeding on frog

Default Oral bleeding on frog

There is blood on the sides of one of the new pixies mouth wat is it i wiil post pics
    African Bullfrogs, Clawed Frogs, Salamanders, Newts, Bearded Dragons,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Oral bleeding on frog

help i opened his mouth and it may hav elloked liek he bit his tongue help
    African Bullfrogs, Clawed Frogs, Salamanders, Newts, Bearded Dragons,

onedge30

Right now, I would say just keep him in clean cage conditions and let it heal naturally. Maybe slow down his feeding for a few days.

Only if it reoccurs should you really be concerned of further problems. IMHO

googie

With any injury, any animal, the chances of better healing, better health in general, is to reduce any external factors that may be both a physical or psychological stressor.

Make sure his enviroment is as ideal as you can get it. Correct temp. Correct humidity., adequate day/night cycles, and as we all know with our frogs, make sure his cage/water is CLEAN. Possible even adding dechlorinators, that also provide enhancements for slime coats may be of some additional benefit instead of just spring water. Be extra diligent in all these factors, and it will leave your animal in a much better situation to fight off any infection or injury that has occured.

Hope this helps. I know it is general, yet I see this in practice as a chiropractor. If I am able to reduce the stressors around an injury, the injury itself will generally respond better and quicker.

Kevin1

On top of what's already been said I would suggest giving the frog a greater heat gradient. That way he can choose the right temps that are best for his immune system.

Thread Information