Thread: My vet told me to feed my whites tree frog a pinkies is he right?

volcom19961995

Exclamation My vet told me to feed my whites tree frog a pinkies is he right?

So i took my whites tree frog to the vet and he told me to feed him an all pinkie diet does he know what hes talking about

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

bshmerlie

Default Re: My vet told me to feed my whites tree frog a pinkies is he right?

Dusted crickets should be the main staple for your frogs diet. The pinkie should only be a very very rare treat. I'm not sure why he would say to feed him pinkies. Maybe he's never really treated frogs before. There's a lot of misinformation out there when it comes to frogs. Your frog looks fat enough and pinkies would be like giving a kid candy.

Jace

I agree with Cheri-for a species of frogs that can get obese very easily, I am rather surprised your vet would suggest such a diet. Stick with crickets, roaches and earthworms and your frog will love the variety!!

I agree with the two smart women who posted before me. Suggesting an all-pinkie diet is weird. I never feed mine pinkies, and I know they could go their whole lives without one and be completely satisfied. Variety is good, so every once in a while, throw in a mealworm, waxworm, earthworm.

Kevin1

I think an important question to ask would be- Was there any particular reason the vet told you to give your frog this diet? Or Did he suggest that this is the normal diet for a White's tree frog?

Just to rule out some possibilities.

Thread Information