Thread: Gray Treefrog Help.

Greenlove

Default Gray Treefrog Help.

I have fruit flies and am in the process of trying to culture my own. Do you use a recipe that produces well? I have 11 froglets and one still in the tank, he will probably jump out in a few days. I rescued these guys from a garden pond that someone was emptying out for winter. I didn't want them to die. I had no time to prepare myself for this adventure and am now struggling to keep them fed. The last three orders of pinheads from online have been DOA! I just got some pinheads from a local reptile show but they are growing fast and may be to big----they seem to be struggling with them (is it the width between their eyes or space that their food size is supposed to be (vertical or horizontal). I'm so confused. I found this article very helpful but at this point I really need someone to help me that has raised Gray tree frogs from tadpoles. Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Paul Rust

Default Re: Gray Treefrog Help.

I moved your post into the proper forum. Many of us have raised lots of tadpoles but if you want someone who has raised Gray Treefrogs in particular maybe someone can help you.

charlamanda

Default Re: Gray Treefrog Help.

Well, I am definately the person you want to talk to. I have raised thousands of these guys that laid eggs in my pool this summer and took over my yard. My pool is yet again filled with tads and I am in a bad postion of what to do for them.
    Getting back to your situation, where and what do you have them in?
    Can you take a few pics with a coin or hand etc. in the pic for size reference?
    The froglets I have love their fruit flies and depending on the size of the froglets will easily eat fairly good size crickets, you'd be shocked what they can get down! I beleive the size of the crickets should be the distance between their eyes, but I am very new to this too and am not 100%, but I do believe that one of the articles on this site does explain it. I have noticed, however, that they can manage crickets that are larger than 1/2 their size and even slightly larger, but a pic would help me judge.
    As far as the fruit flies go, I went to Josh's frogs, which most people here have recommended to me(Joshsfrogs.com there are links on this site). They also sell containers and medium so you can culture your own ff, or can buy a container already set up with thousands for about $3. plus about $7 for s&h. They also sell crickets, waxworms, etc. too if your interested. I feed mine wax worms too only on occasion because they are high in fat.
    I'll be online at this site for a while longer if you have any more questions or can post a few pics. I am usually on every am for a few hours if you need any help.

Thread Information