Thread: Broken Leg

Viv

Default Broken Leg

HElP. One of my junivllle Qwonake Gliding Tree Frogs broke its leg. I think. When it was sitting on the ground with one of its legs sticking out really weirdly. What can I do to help it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ruletka

Default Re: Broken Leg

Have you seen it walk or jump after that broken leg?
    It may just be streching its leg far..
    Frogs can strech their legs (at most?) this far(ex.this- http://www2.aes.ac.in/es/intranet/Ra...lidingfrog.jpg or some random plushie picture i found: https://ssl.perfora.net/s232663891.o...ages/pedro.jpg ) I know i've seen my Red eye frogs do that when they were trying to reach/strench to somewhere.
    Mine havent gotten a broken leg..So i cant give much help if yours did,but many frog experts are on these forums,so i think they will help

Viv

yeah it kinda looks like the second picture but it has been sticking up like that for about 2-3 hrs.

ruletka

2-3 hours is a long time for them to be stretching..but sometimes frogs are slow(mostly when lights on or when they just woke up..well mine do that)
    I have a few ideas though,and if none of them work the leg may be broken
    (1 squirt them with some water; Its simple,but they may move there legs/feet to reattach to things like a glass tank wall
    (2 Nudge them(not on the leg.on there side,softly)..If they limp..its broken

If it is broken;these a answer about broken frog legs here" Frog with a broken leg? How do I help it? - Yahoo! Answers "

Viv

he can move the leg and all it just sticks up all the time. the thigh is fine its just the part after it. could it be dislocated. If it is dislocated, then how can i fix it.

ruletka

Im no vet so im not really sure..
    Maybe post a picture of the leg? Hopefully a frog expert comes along and can answer this.
    You could also take it to a vet.vets that help amphibians: Herp Vet Connection

Viv

just an update. good news, my frogs leg seems to be getting better. It is not sticking up anymore and the frog is the fattest one of the three.

bshmerlie

That is great news. Glad to hear that he is better. Thanks for the update.

Thread Information