Thread: False bottom with waterfall!

Dwhiteman11

Default False bottom with waterfall!

On Friday I plan on setting up my white tree frogs terrarium with a false bottom with a waterfall. The terrarium is 18*18*24. I almost have everything I need. All I need to get is a large enough tube for my pump and a elbow for the tube. I am going to try to find a couple of fake plants to add to the background. Im not completly sure what type of moss I will use This will be my first time making a background/waterfall and false bottom. If anyone has any tips or pointers they will be much appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: False bottom with waterfall!

Do you have a waterfall kit or are you going to run the tube through the styrofoam background? I typically use a nice piece of cork bark for all my waterfalls. I run the hose through a hole I drill to size and then seal with silicon. Then I build up around the bark with substrate (soil or sphagnum) and let the water run down the face of the cork bark. I try to select pieces that have a couple of deep channels running down the middle so that the water doesn't flow off the sides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwhiteman11 View Post
    On Friday I plan on setting up my white tree frogs terrarium with a false bottom with a waterfall. The terrarium is 18*18*24. I almost have everything I need. All I need to get is a large enough tube for my pump and a elbow for the tube. I am going to try to find a couple of fake plants to add to the background. Im not completly sure what type of moss I will use This will be my first time making a background/waterfall and false bottom. If anyone has any tips or pointers they will be much appreciated.
    I used to think that I had to understand in order to believe, then I realized that I must believe in order to understand - Augustine

Dwhiteman11

Default Re: False bottom with waterfall!

I thought about doing a cork background. I know it would be much easier to set up but I wanted to do something cheap.

Thread Information