Thread: How much to feed white's tree frog

brnbear

Question How much to feed white's tree frog

I have a new white's tree frog that is still a juvenile, I have been feeding him two crickets a day. Does that sound about right or do I need to make some sort of adjustment? He seems very happy and isn't chubby but he isn't too skinny either and you can just see the ridges above his eyes which I have read signifies a healthily fed frog.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: How much to feed white's tree frog

His weight sounds good. A close-up pic would confirm, and also be nice to see.

Exactly how big is he, and how big are the crickets you are feeding? That could make a difference.

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Hi there, Since your frog is still young it is growing so the suggestion would be to feed your Whites tree frog as much as he can eat in a 15min time period. I would do this every day. Once your frog is an adult then you can adjust it to every second or third day. Ive always believed in a good variety of food as well. I would love to see a photo some time.

brnbear

Hey thanks guys, I currently am using my phone to get on here because my computer is down so I can only upload rather poor quality photos and it will only send them to my album so I will post a photo as soon as possible but if you would like to see the little guy before then you could look in my album
    And I would say he is between 1.5 and 2 inches and the crickets are the small variety from petco...they are fairly small
    Last edited by brnbear; September 15th, 2010 at 04:19 PM. Reason: left out relevant info!

Very cute.

Are you feeding large crickets or small? If you're feeding large, from what I can gather from the pictures, I think it's a good amount. If you're feeding small, I would up it.

Thread Information